“Good place, nice people, and everything at 5 minutes walk.”

Kimberley Croc Motel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Kununurra
“Good place, nice people, and everything at 5 minutes walk.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

People from croc lodge are really nice, helpful and smiling.. That's important for us (French) in a place like that..(north australia) :) rooms have their own bathroom, theire is a pool, a big kitchen, aircon is working properly and rooms are clean !! Last thing .. Coles is exactly at 30 seconds walk.. Good for people with out cars.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Kangaroo89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in a motel style room on our last night in kununurra. Very clean, kitchen stocked with tea and coffee and very central. Would highly recommend as great value for money and all you could need.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank John S
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I travelled to Kununurra in search of regional work in March for my 2nd year visa and came across the Kimberley Croc Lodge on Google. I called ahead to check room availability and the local work situation and was greeted by a very friendly lady called Lisa who informed me that although the regional work had suffered a little due to an unusually long wet season a majority of visitors were finding work in around 2 weeks, either on a farm or at a local business.

Sure enough after less than 2 weeks I had secured myself a job and was living in the Croc Lodge which was very comfortable, the facilities were excellent, and all the staff were super helpful and friendly. When I had to leave my job as my 6 months was up Lisa helped me to find work with local businesses which helped me a great deal during my final months in town.

During my 9 month stay I stayed in a variety of different rooms. A 5 bed shared dorm initially, then a 4 bed private room with friends I had made there, and eventually opted for a private room on my own. All the rooms were clean and very comfortable and the beds were great. Some were in need of renovation but were in the process of being updated at the time I was leaving.

The atmosphere in the Lodge was great. It was extremely busy when I first arrived and everyone was social and hung around together, venturing out to the "Tav" and Hotel Kununurra for drinks. As the wet season approached and the temperature and humidity started to climb it did get a little quiet.

Kununurra on the whole is a great place to live and work. The locals are friendly and there's plenty to do in the surrounding area (especially if you own or rent a 4x4).

Thanks to all the staff at Kimberley Croc Lodge - Lisa, Bertie, Kerry, Allana and Mary (and the others who came and went) for making my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Menzee
port pirie
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Spent over a fortnight working in the town. Great pickup and delivery service to/from airport. Room 32 I had was bigger than many rooms I have stayed in -ensuite, good quiet aircon,toaster,kettle,microwave and TV. Bed very comfy and bathroom exc. Barby by the pool was put to good use and shared kitchen was always clean and well used. Pool was cool with some shade for relaxing and the lodge was central to town so I could easily walk everywhere. Staff did everything they could to make my stay comfortable and they have strict noise rules which made for a happy and content group of guests. I had a great weekly rate and enjoyed talking to the different nationalities staying in the other rooms. German, Irish and Asian. Only downside was drunks yelling & roaming the town but premises were secure and I felt very safe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank aussieharv
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am a backpacker traveling around Australia with Working Holiday Visa.
For a year and a half, I was working in a various places and staying in a different hostels (mostly backpackers) and Kimberley Croc Lodge is by far the cleanest, the most comfortable and well maintained hostel I've ever been to. Each room has its own toilet, shower and refrigerator!! I was so excited that I didn't have to go to the kitchen every time I want to drink cold water.
I met so many good friends at the lodge I will never forget the time I had in Kununurra.
Nice staff and nice town :D will definitely stay with them again if I visit Kununurra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank thethinice
Carlisle
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went to Kununurra in the hope of finding farmwork towards my second year visa, prior to arriving I emailed with a lot of questions and the staff always gave good detailed answers. When I arrived off the Greyhound, I took advantage of the free shuttle bus to the hostel, after calling the hostel to say I arrived the bus was there promptly. Check in was easy and the staff were very friendly and welcoming.
I told the staff that I was looking for farm work the next day, they made a call for me to one of the local farms and I was told there and then the job was mine and I would start the next day!! I couldn't have been happier with how helpful the staff were with my job hunt..
The hostel itself was clean, had great air con in the rooms, comfy beds and everyone was really friendly! I enjoyed my stay there tremendously and have made some life long friends from the experience. Couldn't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: I stayed in a female only dorm next to the kitchen which was great.