“an amazing weekend!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pexiora
The French House Party, Carcassonne
Ranked #1 of 1 Pexiora B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Just back from a most memorable weekend! The French House Party team made it a great cookery experience, Robert Abrahams was a great teacher and brilliant cook! Other guests were great company and will be friends for ever! From canapes to fish pidgeon and brilliant deserts I recommend this experience in lovely surroundings! It was a gift to me but would go solo any day!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Home in South Africa, many miles away from Pexiora ...Cooking food, I would not normally cook at home. I had no idea where to begin,and now, I have been inspired. Cooking was only a small part of the overall experience which delighted and fulfilled. We were thoroughly spoiled, at every opportunity by Moira and her team. Value for money? You bet! Trips to the market, exploring the Medieval town of Carassone, vineyards and olive farms.... or simply sipping sparkling wine and making new friends, while others prepare feast after feast.... Yum! The most difficult part??? Saying " No Thank You" while cuddling the ever expanding tum. it was totally worth it. I loved it.

Room Tip: rooms are all fairly quiet. some have a bath option.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I recently returned from a beautiful week at The French House Party, where our SoulCollage(r) retreat was held. The home could not have been more delightful - delicious food on warm evenings out on the patio, far more chocolate croissant breakfasts than probably should have happened, charming rooms, and most importantly, a warm atmosphere that fostered growth, connection, sharing, and learning among my 10 new friends and I. Would recommend *enthusiastically* to others seeking this kind of space.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This fabulous house in a beautiful location is the perfect place to relax, learn, soak in the ambiance and enjoy life! I taught a week-long SoulCollage® retreat (a collage technique combining creativity, psychology, and spirituality) and our group of 11 women used the space really well. Moira and her fantastic helpers made us feel welcome and the food was delicious, wine flowed nicely, and the house so light and airy. The bedrooms are tastefully decorated, and each room has an en suite bath which makes it pretty unique. We used the bikes to ride to the Canal du Midi and the old church nearby; took long walks in the pretty countryside, although we missed the massive sunflowers that will be filling the fields by mid-July. I highly recommend The French House Party, Carcassonne, and hope to be back one day to teach another creative workshop.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I just returned from a 6-day SoulCollage(r) (expressive art) retreat at French House Party. Everything was wonderful! The house is spacious, airy, light, beautifully landscaped and decorated; the food was plentiful and excellent; the workshop was inspiring; and the group of 11 women was great. The weather was perfect and we ate our main meals out by the pool. The house is set up for group-time and alone-time, and it never felt at all crowded. Our hostess Moira is just the best--always willing to accommodate all requests, and such an interesting person to talk to. Bill, Regine, the cooks, and all the staff were so nice. I am not a city person, and I loved the gorgeous rural setting. I made time most days for a walk along the Canal du Midi, which is very close. I was sorry to leave. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms were shared. I had a single room with a bathroom called "Aubergine" whic...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MaryLeeDelMar
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This beautiful very spacious home set the scene for a wonderful weekend of food discovery and cooking. In this newly built and very well fitted out kitchen chef, Robert Abraham guided us to create traditional dishes such as fois gras but also dishes and tips that we are more likely to reproduce at home such as lamb, lemon meringue tart (with a twist), asparagus with strawberries and a beautiful fish dish.
Additionally we learnt how to fillet a fish and make stocks and sauces, all skills I will be replicating and using at home. We managed to eat all of this beautiful food plus amazing cheeses with large quantities of lovely local wines.
The weekend was made all the more enjoyable by the kind attention given to us by our hostess Moira who organized an outing to a local winery for a wine tasting, a trip to the local market with Robert to source the ingredients and generally making sure that we were all well taken care of.
Our group mixed very well (couples and singles) and there were some late nights but the house is so large that you are also able to find your own space if you prefer. I highly recommend the course and the longer course would be worth while depending upon the level of interest you have in learning cooking versus a fun weekend with culinary activities.

Room Tip: I didn't see other rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Creative Christmas presents are twice the fun - the excitement on Christmas morning followed by some months of anticipation did not disappoint - our acccomplished hostess Moira welcomed us with warmth and enthusiasm to a weekend where a disparate group from Ireland, Denmark, England, Australia and Scotland became friends under the expert, patient and charming tutelage of Robert Abraham and his trusty assistant Regine. We learnt the art of fois gras, perfect lamb, creme brulee and had enormous fun as apprentice artisans producing colourful macarons!
Carcasssonne and surroundings are romantically idyllic - don't hesitate - book now for a weekend you will always remember

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The French House Party, Carcassonne? Share your experiences!