“Lovely stop off”

Premier Inn Whitehaven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howgate
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have stayed in lots of Premier Inns and several times at Whitehaven when we have been 'gigging' in the area. We have always found the staff at Whitehaven to be very friendly, even when we arrive back in the early hours. Lovely comfortable bed. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here a few times now and I would definitely always come back. The cleanest Premier Inn I have ever stayed in and the service from the reception and cleaners was absolutely fantastic. Lovely warm rooms and everything you could need when away from home. After reading some comments I thought I would pass on my view. I am a very fussy person but I would give this hotel at least 5 *. Thank you.

Room Tip: Been in every block and they are all as good as each other
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gav b
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've spent only one night here - for work reasons. The room was as standard, but the most immaculately clean room I've been in so far. Hot water on tap, but have not yet (in any Premier Inn) worked out how to turn the heating up. I arrived in cold weather (snowing/windy) and so the room seemed a little on the chilly side. No matter, comfy bed - but I was in the part of the hotel facing to the back of the Brewers Fayre pub - and the noise of the extractor fans, which came on/off regularly all night, kept me awake. Reception was sympathetic, and made a note to put me into somewhere quieter on my next visit - which I was greatful for. I received a refund for my room under their policy of a Good nights sleep - with no quibbling. The staff at the Brewers Fayre were the MOST friendly I have every come across! Good food for dinner, good breakfast, but dinner spoiled by the numbers of children running wild around the restaurant - a fault of the parents I think. The breakfast waitress was one of the happiest early morning persons I have ever met.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Brewers Fayre for a quieter night
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked in for 3 nights for a much needed break, we arrived at 20.30 tired and hungry we were given a warm welcome from the staff on the reception desk we unpacked and went next door to the Brewers fayre attached to the hotel. The bar staff in the Brewers were a total contrast to the hotel they were rude and unfriendly the service was appalling, we went to order food at 21.45 at 21.58 when we finally got served we were told that food was no longer available, we settled for crisps and nuts too tired to argue. We had a couple of drinks and went to the room, , there was no hot water in the sink but was in the bath (bazaar) then went to bed, the bed was so uncomfortable we barely slept at 2am rally car racing started in the street. We complained the next morning alongside another 2 couple's also complaining. We then spent the rest of the day trying to find another hotel but we were unable to get one. Forced into staying another night we tried to make the best of a bad situation, grabbed a bar snack and went to bed the heating had broken down and this was the end for me I slept (sort of) with a woolen shawl and pyjamas. We got up very early packed and left with a full refund along with our fellow guests. We hit the ground running to put as much distance between us and Whitehaven Premiere Inn as possible. We drove to Bolton Abbey and stayed at the Devonshire Arms and it more than made up for our awful experience. The food was fantastic, the staff were fantastic, the room was fantastic, the Spa was fantastic so all ended in a high quality experience well worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank wanita d
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Whitehaven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night and was in the new building, it was brilliant, the beds were so comfy and it was very modern inside, even though from the outside it blended in with the old building. Definitely would stay here again, and have stayed here before too.

Room Tip: New building rooms are great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just a one night stay for my husband and myself , travelling to friends party and did not know the area so a group of of us booked in here, excellent place to stay . Lovely and clean , good size room, great lad on reception who went beyond the call of duty to help me out with wi-fi. Tea and coffee provided in room, plenty of parking and nice and quiet even though you are on main road. Brewers Fayre next door great value for money , good service and food with plenty of choice. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

An excellent place to stay. The location in Howgate is ideal for getting to Whitehaven. The rooms are very clean, bright and comfortable.

The only downsides are the restaurant next door, the Brewers Fayre - cheap functional food, I can't say much more about it and lack of free wi-fi. You can have a free 30 minutes. But that's no time at all these days.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howgate
Ennerdale Country House Hotel
Seacote Hotel
Seacote Hotel
#3 of 3 in St. Bees
The Corner House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Premier Inn Whitehaven Hotel? Share your experiences!