“Typical Brewers Fayre”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Howgate
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I eat here once a week while I staying in the attached hotel, the food is generally good when you order off the main menu, there is a buffet each night too which doesn't normally look that appetising... Often food stands there for hours without being touched! Staff are generally very friendly and service is also generally good. If you are looking for an average price meal in nice surroundings look no further and pop in the Howgate.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked a table here for a Sunday evening as we were staying at the Premier Inn next door. After being seated at our table we were told we were to order at the bar. The restaurant was busy with a number of families eating there - a number of children were literally screaming and others running around the restaurant. I know that these type of pubs are principally aimed at family diners but this should not be expense of other customers. If there had been somewhere else to eat locally we would have left the restaurant at this point. The food on offer is just average-there were lots of items to choose from but it was disappointing. We both opted for the steak pie and fries. It was just not great. The starter was okay and the desert was just about okay too. I really think Brewer's Fayre need to rethink their menu. When I was ordering our meal I was asked if I would like any extras - these extras were onion rings or garlic bread. What would have been better would have been a nice choice of vegetables. The whole menu looks like it has not been changed in years. On the plus side the staff were friendly and the service was good but more healthy options please. Unless the menu improves we will not return.

1  Thank WindermereBoys
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After a recent bad experience in another Brewer's Fayre which although was dealt with well when I complained, it did make me apprehensive about this visit.
I didn't need to worry, from the warm welcome on arrival to the great service and food while we dined, it was a really lovely experience.
The food was good quality and served with a smile and within a reasonable time - not so quick you worried that it was microwaved or under a warmer but not so long that you were wondering if you had been forgotten.
We ate breakfast here for 2 days and the restaurant was busy but the food kept coming so people weren't standing around waiting for things and the staff couldn't do enough for you. From some of the conversations taking place around us, this was a popular meeting place for people who were cycling, biking and walking etc and many customers were regulars.
I would definitely come back and be happy to recommend and food is served until 10pm which, had we got stuck in traffic on the M6 would have been very helpful!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Myself and my friends went for a meal today I orderd the smotherd chicken which was cold and tasted like it had been microwaved lots and frozen chips. But as I had paid nearly £9 I ate it which I wouldnt have minded if it was nice.
As for presentation the food looked liked it had just been thrown on the plate.
My friend got the soup which was frezing granted they took it off the bill though although we were never checked to see if all was ok in which we would have said no. However staff were frindley but this was only good thing about it.

1  Thank staceylouise202
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Whilst staying at the Premier Inn I used this for breakfast. It was large, friendly and decent food. The staff were very customer focused and could not do enough to help you.

The staff made it and nothing was too much trouble!