“Fishing and snacking”

Port Albert General Store
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

great food great staff and owners. The location is incredible. Great place for hot food and drinks when cold gets in and fish don't bite

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

An oasis offering everything you might need.... gasoline, convenience store, and a tremendous licensed restaurant with an extensive menu ... indoor and patio dining, a country style decor, and great customer service
“You gotta eat here”

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 16, 2019

We arranged for eighteen people in our cottage association yesterday to meet for drinks and dinner here. It was the second time this season that we have done this . My husband and I were delighted to have a restaurant so close to our cottage and have actively promoted it and eaten there several other times this season. Last night I pulled o long hair out of my smoked meat sandwich as my husband watched. I expected an apology and an offer to replace it. Instead, nothing was done and we were charged for it and when I questioned the waitress she replied that the kitchen had no one with gray hair working, implying that it was my hair. She was rude and claimed she didn’t put it in my sandwich. I am offended by this implication. The woman manager ignored us for ten minutes , then asked what was my problem in a loud surly tone. She said I was rude and told us to get out of the restaurant and not come back! Insulting the integrity of a customer as well as treating them very badly is why I am giving a poor review. A hair can happen anywhere, gross as it is, but the restaurant should apologize for this.

4  Thank karenschlot
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Stopped by /general store and discovered excellent pizza and subs for an excellent price. Gonna make a stop by Pub in the near future

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Had a fantastic meal at the new pub beside the Port Albert general store, just off hwy 21 north of Goderich.
Start with the outstanding bruschetta bread. We also loved the pulled pork and grilled cheese sandwiches. Many ingredients are sourced locally. Highly recommend.

2  Thank bethm983

Been to Port Albert General Store? Share your experiences!