“Good choice for the area.”

Hotel Paradise Beach
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Radhime
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Were told unaware of booking when checked to confirm despite paying in advance. Stayed in small side room, although had requested front sea view. Fourth floor room rather small but very clean. TV not working. 'Fridge. Wi-fi in rooms. Towels provided for one person only. Stuck briefly in small lift in the dark and alarm bell ignored.Breakfast average with cooked food cold. Grounds well kept. Metal ladders to sea for swimming or to access boats. Location good. Car needed. Concerned by hotel having no evacuation notices or emergency exits in event of fire. Good value at £45.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is situated aside the road 8 km from Vlore, in Radhime. So a car is a necessity if you'd like to move around at night, or go to the city buying something, or just have a walk, cause there is no place to do that near the hotel. The place around is beautiful, very clean beach, cristal waters, little hill at the other side of the road. The white veranda over the sea, perfect place to drink something, fantastic to eat, at the night there was a big screen.
When we arrived, at the reception desk was a nice girl, that helped us find a room with sea view as we asked, and the view was great, triple room looking to the beach. They didn't let us wait much, but accomodated us immediately the room was checked out, I appreciated that, cause we hardly waited to go to the beach.
Room was cleaned, basic, air condition working properly, bathroom enough room, shower with curtains (it did get wet all over), little TV practically no channel, nothing to see.
Hotel had his own long chairs at the front of the hotel, some kind of platform over the sea where you can get down the stairs to the sea, but we prefered the beach where you had to pay for the umbrella and the chairs. There was a little pool for kids, with sea water, I think it was good for the hygiene.
Breakfast had most of the dairy products needed, cereals, vegetables, some kind of fruits, drinks, coffee, etc, it was good for us, we're not used to eat so much in the morning.
The restaurant was the best I have eaten in Vlore, very fresh sea products, grilled octopus, fish, fried shrimps, callamari, spagetti with sea fruits, greek salad, grilled mixed vegetables, vegetable soup for my kid very tasty, and everything else I can't remember, were all delicious. The staff were very polite, the kitchen staff very nice and helpful every time I needed to warm the milk of my kid, I have to say I felt appreciated as a guest.
At the night there is nothing to do, and be aware of mosquitoes, plenty of them, so don't forget to get full gear against them.
I have been to other hotels in Vlore 4 stars or less, but after those pleasant, relaxing days at Paradise beach, I think it was the best service I have gotten, If I'll go back, definitely will go there.

3  Thank OlaT-day
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is nice and the staff is friendly. Has a decent restaurant as well. During the summer months the hotel is quite busy and has a large cafe adjacent to the man made beach. The beach is not the best needless to say.

1  Thank lav3
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The hotel is well situated right on the beach, with great views of expanses of turquoise sea. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms, hallways, and hotel premises in general. Excellent food - grilled octopus was my favourite, as was the seafood risotto and Greek salad... Not too much choice as far as meat is concerned (my children are not too keen on fish). The staff were discreetly courteous, helpful, and attentive, both the reception and housekeeping ladies in the hotel and the waiting staff in the restaurant. We felt welcome and were always treated as valued customers (which cannot be said of many other hospitality establishments in Albania).

There is no evening entertainment, no tennis or mini golf grounds and no shops nearby so you have to go to town if you want to buy, say, a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate. A one-way taxi fare to town cost between 1000 and 1200 ALL. A car is a must if you want to explore more of the riviera but beware, driving on Albanian roads is not for the faint-hearted!

All in all a very well managed hotel and one I would readily go back to.

1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel has 5 floors and seems to be fairly new. There is a very large terrace restaurant which seems to be mainly frequented by day visitors. A car park is available on site.

The hotel is located south of Vlora directly on the beach. There are no shops in the immediate vicinity of the house. The car park exit is somewhat dangerous as there is a bend of the coastal road there and drivers tend to speed.

The reception staff was quite friendly, while the service in the restaurant was strikingly slow although there was sufficient personnel. Also, the breakfast buffet was set up only after a reminder and considerably delayed.

The food in the garden restaurant was of very good quality. This may also explain the large number of day visitors. The breakfast buffet, however, provided little choice.

There was a small pool, which was extensively used by children. Access to the seemingly clean sea from the private part of the hotel beach was by an iron ladder. There were sufficient sun beds and sunshades.

The room we were given was simply furnished and quite big, had a small balcony and a side sea view. The air conditioning worked well, the temperature in the "fridge", however, was far too high. The small tube TV disappointed and only a few Albanian-language programs were available. There was only rigid shower head in the bathroom which is rather uncomfortable. Wi-Fi reception in the room was not possible.

If the hotel management succeeded in motivating the restaurant staff and made some improvements in the rooms, the hotel might become one of the best addresses in the Vlora area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sumavax
Reviewed August 4, 2012

When i first went there i thought that it will be an hotel like others but my stay there was fantastic. i went to a 65 euro room. It was in the west and the view from the balcony was great.The restaurant had a great seafood which was one of the greatest on my tour in Albania. The service was good and they spoke a well english. I really loved my stay there and recomanded t all you to go there.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room or a suite because they are cheap and very good furnished.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ENDI55
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Dear All,

I am the manager of Paradise Beach Hotel,
The reason I’m writing here is because I feel the duty to give some details and clarify everyone on the issue raised by Mr. handl2.

The Tourist Agency where Mr. handl2 booked the hotel room had been previously advised about this birthday party. We couldn’t undo the booking of the party because it was arranged before Mr. handl2 and his wife decided to book a room in our hotel.

Once both Mr. handl2 and his wife came at the hotel they were once more reminded of this inconvenience and were told (as we had previously planned with the birthday organizers) that it was going to last until 2 AM. Unfortunately, the organizers weren’t able to stop the party by that time because most of the participants were drunk and out of control. As a consequence the party lasted 2 more hours than we had expected.

We feel really sorry about this inconvenience and we want to assure everyone that is not our custom to organise birthday parties or wedding ceremonies while we have guests in our hotel.

This was an exception and a concurrence of some undesirable and unrepeatable circumstances. I would like to underlie unrepeatable because this was the first and last time it happened in the history of our hotel.

I would like to apologize once more with Mr. handl2 and his wife for this inconvenience.

Looking forward to give you all the best quality and service our hotel has to offer.

Yours faithfully.
The Manager

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Eddie O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Radhime
Hotel New York
#2 of 16 in Vlore
Splendor Hotel & Spa
Splendor Hotel & Spa
#2 of 9 in Dhermi

Been to Hotel Paradise Beach? Share your experiences!