“Great timeshare exchange”

Les Villas at Le Meridien
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“Great timeshare exchange”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Like other reviewers, we exchanged a timeshare week into one of the villas here and were very pleasantly surprised. The apartments are laid out almost like a village within the Le Meridien resort complex but are apparently not owned by the hotel. However, the standard of accomodation is very high with comfortable beds, good quality bathrooms and furnishings, private patios and very well maintained.
We had daily maid service, which in our experience is unusual in self catering apartments, and they even swept the patio each day to keep it free of leaves! As a couple there was plenty of room but do take note of other reviewers' comments if you plan to take children and book a t
wo bedroom apartment. It would be really cramped for more than just a couple in a one-bed. There's plenty of storage space though.
The kitchen is limited with only a toaster, kettle and microwave but that was enough for us as apart from some breakfasts, we ate meals in the hotel (reviewed seperately). There are shops nearby so you could eat buffet-style in the apartment if you chose to. You can also get laundry and dry cleaning done through the hotel at very reasonable rates - drop it off by ten am and it will be hung back in your wardrobe by 5pm!
We were lucky to stay off season and only on one night was there anyone else staying in our row of apartments - they obviously needed to use the sofa bed so we could hear furniture being moved morning and evening! Apart from that it was very quiet.
If you don't like cats, beware! They are part of Cyprus life and we had between four and six as semi-permanent visitors to our patio throughout our stay. Not a problem for us but they are not everyone's cup of tea.
Would we return - yes, probably quite soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sheffield
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Exchanged our timeshare week for a family break in October half term. Though the villa stated sleeps four it would have been tight since the soda bed in the living area was v small. But it was a convenient & clean with daily maid service. Kitchenette allowing tea coffee only but we tend to eat out anyway!
The best bit was the service and facilities of the beautiful and luxurious Le Meridien hotel. An awesOme spa with thalassotherapy which was a real relaxing experience . The view from the relaxation room will remain a beautiful memory! Beach was ideal for walks and the sunset views were lovely! Food including room service was good and villa residents were entitled to a discount .pool was heated to an optimal temperature and there was no dearth of towels , sun loungers .
We hired a car for the entire duration of our stay which added flexibility to our stay and the weather was ideal to explore the various beaches .
Would happily return but will book a two bedroom villa next time. It's great value for money.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank haem67
Kent
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here in Oct 2012 and were worried by a couple of the reviews. We were very pleasantly suprised.. The villas are in the middle of Le Meridien resort and all the resort facilties are available. The villa had one bedroom with a sofa bed in the lounge for the children and was quite small. It was very clean. There was a nice TV and DVD player and a music system. The only negative point was the kitchen which did not have a hob or oven and no washing machine so it was not easy to self cater. The water is on a water heater in order to try and save energy but came through very hot and was enough for all 4 of us to have showers.The staff are excellent at this resort. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard, the restaurants are brilliant and the food was to a very high standard. The 3 pool areas are lovely. There is a beautiful spa and the resort has its own beach although the sand is black not white ! There is a very safe cove for swimming. There are a lot of childrens activities and this resort would suit children of all ages. It is not in the centre of Limassol and sits out on its own so you would not be able to walk into an area of shops or restaurants / nightlife. You can walk along the beach to a small marina and another hotel. We would definitely re visit this hotel as weather in October was perfect.

Room Tip: If you have children travelling with you a 2 bedroom would be better than a sofa bed in the lounge...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank EMM1907
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed in the Villas and had the privacy but use of all the hotel/ spa facilities of a five star resort .There are lots of long standing employees who look after us very well in restaurants . The hotel is outside the town so you need a car / taxis to get around the area . It is worth a look at the mountain area to see another side of Cyprus . We always enjoy our stay at the Villas and come back every year for the rest/ relaxation and good food.

Room Tip: if you have a family book a villa for privacy and the extra area to sleep / relax
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RAandAA
, Manager at Les Villas at Le Meridien, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear RAandAA,

Thank you for your review and comments during your holiday with us. We hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you at Les Villas at Le Meridien in the near future.
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My recommendation is to book this place to stay because first of all it’s a value for money destination, especially if you are planning holidays with kids.
The only issue is that the villas are not operated by the hotel, but from a different company. The result was to get our room at 15:00 and expect us to check out at 10:00 the day we were leaving… When the personnel ot the hotel called the lady in charge (I think her name was Maria), in order to apologise for the delay she had better things to do… However, Le Meridien (in which you can enjoy 15% discount on food and drinks) is one of the best hotels in Cyprus. Pools, penguin club for the kids as well as mickey’s restaurant, the hotel’s staff, everything’s perfect! The villas are just ok, clean and spacious, but believe me, you won’t spend much of your time there…

Room Tip: B4, a minute from the hotel, 2 bedrooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Emilios R
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Some friends and I rented a villa at Le Meridien for the weekend and were also able to use the hotel amenities. There were more things to like than hate about the hotel, but I had expected more given that this is a five-star hotel. The things I liked and for which I would undoubtedly recommend this hotel:
- Service: Staff members of all kinds were extremely friendly and made the stay really enjoyable. Despite nationality, most of them spoke Greek, which I think it's quite uncommon in tourist areas around Cyprus. As a Greek Cypriot who loves having a good vacation in Cyprus, I consider this an asset.
- Location and premises: with a few different pools (indoor, outdoor, sea water pool) and access to the beach, the hotel made it an ideal destination for those who love swimming, water sports or just sunbathing by the water.
- Food: We had lunch at Le Fleuri and also ordered dinner from room service, which--I suspect--was prepared from Le Fleuri given that the two menus were identical. We loved it! Amazing tastes, be those salads, pasta or burgers!
- Family friendly: Even though I was there with friends, I could not but notice how many families stayed at the hotel. I also spotted high chairs in most of the hotel restaurants; something that I consider a must whenever I travel or dine out with my kid. There were also two play areas, while organized activities were running in the children's pool during the whole morning. I would definitely consider going back with my family.

Two things I didn't like and I find extremely puzzling, given the reputation and rank of this hotel:
(a) The furniture was a bit outdated, there was rust on the shower curtain rod, the garden table was torn, and towels were really old-- so old that they were scratchy... While this might apply only to the villas (which would deserve a separate review) and not the hotel rooms, I find it unacceptable for a five star hotel. It felt like there was a pressing need for renovation.
(b) Access to the internet was password protected and charged, while there was no decent business center. At one point of my stay, I had to use a computer and access my email account. Because I hadn't brought my laptop, I asked at the reception if there was a business center and the receptionist pointed to two PC at the far end of the lobby. I sat at the first one and could open my flash drive, but no Greek characters were installed so it was impossible for me to work. In addition, there seemed to be some kind of a virus, given that all programs were shut down after a few minutes of use. I moved to the other PC, where Greek characters were installed, but my flash drive could not be opened--I suspect there was some problem with the USB ports. I decided to give up the idea of working on my word documents and just go online to check my email. I asked for the password at the reception and paid 5 euros for an hour, but there was no set-up for entering that password and ultimately accessing the internet. After 15 minutes of trials and a few trips of the receptionist to the PC, I decided to give up. It was so hard to accept that a 21st century five star hotel does not offer complimentary internet access -- at least, landline if not wireless connection... I would definitely be skeptical if I had to go back for business.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stavkkon
le_meridien_limassol, Manager at Les Villas at Le Meridien, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Stavkkon,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your views online. Your comments about our facilities and services are much appreciated. However, your points about the villas should be addressed to Les Villas at Le Meridien, self catering apartments that are located on the hotel grounds, but owned and managed by time-share company RCI.

Thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you again at Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort!
Kind regards, LE MERIDIEN
London
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I thought a Meridien "private villa" sounded opulent. On arrival, I got a few nasty surprises:

First, it's not a "villa" at all. It's a little building which looks like a small and crummy tract home - but on closer inpsection it's not a house, just a building with numerous apartments in it.

Secondly, the interior is a basic student flat, and not remotely luxurious: tiled walls,lighting like a prison, tepid "hot" water, tiny thin towels...

Thirdly, don't think that they are beside the sea or have views: mine looks at other "villas".

Fourth, it's nothing to do with Le Meridien. I begged the hotel to move me to a standard room, but they said that the "villas" are a completely different company.

If I were doing a trip in the desert, and I booked this place for $40 or $50 a night I'd think it was okay. But I paid €300 for 2 nights and went in with higher expectations.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank angus r
, Manager at Les Villas at Le Meridien, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear johns, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please note that our online description states that the rooms are located within Le Meridien Hotel but are separately operated. It is also mentioned that all the rooms have garden views. We take note of your comments regarding the interior decoration and we will continue to work hard in order to improve our rooms. Kind regards from Les Villas at Le Meridien.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limassol District
Pendaya Eco Garden
Pendaya Eco Garden
#1 of 1 in Pentageia
Darlex Apartments Galatex Beach

Been to Les Villas at Le Meridien? Share your experiences!