“Perfect place for a short break”
Kitchen Kitchen with Cooker, dishwasher Fridge, & microwave
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Kitchen
Kitchen with Cooker, dishwasher Fridge, & microwave
Open plan lounge with dining area
Patio doors lead out the side of the lodge to the hot tub
Lounge
Lounge, dining area, with another set of patio doors leading out to the terrace
Bathroom with Shower, toilet and Hand basin
Main double room with plenty of wardrobe and draw space
Main bedroom with ensuite toilet and wash basin
Second bedroom with 2 single beds and wardrobe space
HOT TUB! No more to be said!
Hot Tub again, within its own shielded wooden area, and wooden steps to get into it
Ship themed play area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
George D
“Perfect place for a short break”
Reviewed August 28, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Went for a short break to this lovely clean lodge, with a nice hot tub. It's close to the beach, and we were even greeted with a welcome basket. I would recommend staying here

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Aug 30, 2018
Thank you so much for your review. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Clare M
“Absolutely terrible and I would not recommend to anyone!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

Absolutely terrible and I would not recommend to anyone!!

We arrived at the site on a Friday evening. Firstly, the television was broken on arrival and was not fixed at any point during our stay. The fridge also appeared to be broken, however we realised it had been switched off after a short while. The hot tub was also broken and the water was scalding hot which meant we had to wait for maintenance to come and fix it.

Later that evening we attempted to cook some food, little did we know the baking tray was full of grease which had clearly not been cleaned from the previous guests stay. Needless to say for hygiene reasons, we went to the shops to purchase a disposable BBQ.

After our stay I received an aggressive phone call from one of the cleaners who claimed she had received numerous complaints regarding our cabin and we weren’t allowed back to the site (funnily enough none of these complaints were mentioned during our time there). This was then followed up with the news we wouldn’t receive our deposit back because a disposable BBQ had burnt a tiny section of grass outside the cabin. This leads me to believe the site operate a money making scheme and probably never return guests deposit.

Having stayed at a number of log cabins in the area, I can safely say this is by far the worst experience I have ever had! Do yourself a favour, save the hassle and book somewhere else.

Management Response
Aug 30, 2018
Hi Claire
Thank you for taking the time to write a review which, as the owner of the lodge, is upsetting as we always strive to deliver the best possible experience and have always had positive reviews in the past. With this in mind, I have spoken to the management company who look after my lodge and also the management on the park, so that I could respond accurately.

I understand you arrived early and yes the hot tub was hot, as it had been filled from a hot feed, after being thoroughly cleaned in readiness of your arrival. It was not broken and a small amount of cold water was added to bring it down to the temperature that was required.

The TV was not broken and when you were asked if you wanted somebody to come and show you how to use it, you said no, you were watching somebody else’s.

With regards to your allegations about a greasy tray, I have been informed the oven was properly cleaned prior to your arrival so I’d appreciate it if you could send me a photograph so that I can discuss with the cleaners.

I have also spoken to the park management and understand there were complaints about the noise from the lodge and also that the grass was left with three large burnt areas where you had used disposable BBQ’s. The park management work hard to maintain it and although you might think it’s acceptable to damage areas, it actually takes time and effort to repair the damage which is unsightly for the following guests.

I have been sent photographs of the damaged grass, together with horribly soiled sheets and the washing up bowl with vomit in it. It is the policy of the management company to photograph everything and it is not a pretence to keep bonds as you allege.

With regards to your comments about not being allowed back on site. You informed the booking agent and management company that you were leaving on Sunday, so the lodge was cleaned upon your departure and this was the reason you were told you couldn’t return. I understand you wanted to return to retrieve a T-shirt that you left and were told you could do so, or it could be posted out to you, but you couldn’t stay again on the Sunday evening as the lodge had been cleaned following your departure. The booking agent had also received complaints about the noise and were asked not to let you return.

I am sorry that you feel aggrieved that you haven’t received your bond back, however, I agree that it should be with-held to cover the additional cleaning of soiled sheets, vomit, rubbish and more and to fix the grass that was badly damaged. It does state in the T&C’s that BBQ’s are not to be used on the terrace or the grass and any damage will be charged for.
Lorraine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing