My wife and I had been reading about the Las Terrenas area for a while and due to the great reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor, we booked for 10 nights in February 2013. From the time we checked in (and was upgraded) to the time we left, we had nothing but great things to say about our stay. The owners/managers are always around and quietly checking on things throughout the day. The hotel property is very well kept, the pool area is great with nice relaxing music playing at the pool bar.
The beach directly across from this hotel is rocky but great for snorkeling. A short walk in either direction will offer you long stretches of almost deserted beach, with great areas for swimming. There is a reef, so the waves never get too big here.
Breakfast is included every morning, with a big variety of fresh pastries, meats, fresh fruit and a hot station for your choice of fried eggs, omellettes, crepes etc.
The same on site restaurant serves great lunches and dinners as well.
Only a 10 minute walk along the beach or beach road takes you into the town of Las Terrenas and the first bunch of restaurants at the Fisherman's Village. We walked into town a number of times to get groceries, do some banking at the Scotia Bank, visit restaurants and the fish market and generally be a part of this busy little town.
We rented an ATV'/Quad for 3 days and that was fantastic! We were able to travel all over the area, including trips to other beaches and towns. One favourite day was taking a quad ride to Coson Beach where we played in the big waves and had lunch at Louis, virtually a shack on the beach that serves ice cold beer, great drinks and an amazing lunch of fresh lobster, fish, fries, beans and rice, salad and lots of other things. Too much food to eat and the price was great!
We will be back to the La Terrenas area again next year, and we'll stay a the Hotel Alisei again as well. What a trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Beach Front Apartments, where life is a breeze. Hotel Alisei consists of 54 brand new apartments with en-suite bathroom(s), private access and spacious terrace. Decorated in stylish Caribbean elegance with rich tropical hard wood furniture, king size bed(s) and/or single beds, fine fabrics in soft tones and a cozy integrated seating and kitchen area with plenty of colorful pillows. Tall glass doors lead to a large private terrace with enchanting ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Alisei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisei Hotel Las Terrenas
- Hotel Alisei Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic