This smallish property is beautiful, with a large and clean pool in the central area. We stayed in 36; it is a second floor apartment with a fantastic view of the grounds, beach and ocean just across the road. Upon entrance all the towels were decorated with little pink flowers!
The apartment was 1 bedroom, with plenty of closet space for 2. A well stocked kitchen (no microwave), full size refrigerator, hot & cold water system, eating area and built in couch completed the living area. The bath had a bidet but no bath tub. The shower is nice sized with an adjustable shower head. The key turns on the electricity, so no lights left on by accident. Outside the wall of sliding doors was a full size balcony with a hammock, table and chairs and another built in couch with cushion and pillows. One of the biggest decisions of the day was to begin in the hammock or on the couch.
Breakfast is included, or was with our package, at least. Beginning at 7:30 in the restaurant, one could eat inside or outside. A full range of juices, fresh tropical fruit, cooked meats, cold meats & cheese, hard boiled eggs and bread - wonderful bread by the loaf, with a knife to slice your own. Plus a friendly worker at the omelet/waffle/crepe station! The food is European, that is Americans might be confused by the hot milk instead of cream, but I loved making my own latte.
The pool wasn't terribly deep, but was just the right temperature. There was a swim up bar, and plenty of chairs. The hotel had a towel system using cards, one for each guest.
The grounds are well kept. We were entertained watching workers climb the coconut trees to trim them...without safety harnesses. Beautiful flowering shrubs, and a lily pad by the spa added vivid colors.
I had the best massage ever in the spa. Though the masseuse didn't speak English, I was able to point out that I wanted an hour basic massage. It began with about 10 minutes in the Turkish bath. I was so relaxed by the time the massage began, it was wonderful. Plus, because of the language barrier, no small talk.
Negatives....no bathtub, the cable TV only showed 3 stations in English (USA, TCM, and ?)...but who really needs TV in paradise?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Beach Front Apartments, where life is a breeze. Hotel Alisei consists of 54 brand new apartments with en-suite bathroom(s), private access and spacious terrace. Decorated in stylish Caribbean elegance with rich tropical hard wood furniture, king size bed(s) and/or single beds, fine fabrics in soft tones and a cozy integrated seating and kitchen area with plenty of colorful pillows. Tall glass doors lead to a large private terrace with enchanting ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Alisei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisei Hotel Las Terrenas
- Hotel Alisei Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic