Our family went to the Dominican Republic on vacation by invitation by our neighbor in the United States who are Dominican. They gave us a tour of their country and this Hotel was the pinnacle of our stay in terms of hotels. We were only disappointed that we didn't spend more time here rather than leaving for Punta Cana which was a huge disappointment.
The hotel is situated on a beautiful section of beach that is open to everyone, it is not partitioned off by hotel like your all inclusives are, which means you can walk all the way up the shoreline and enjoy the amazing view. You can even walk the shoreline to the small town and enjoy some night life or ice cream at the local Bon store.
I would call the guest rooms casitas as they are all at least 2 bedroom suites with 2 bathrooms and additional lounging or sleeping areas both in the gathering area inside by the kitchen and on the porch. Each casita has a porch with hammock and built in sectional so you can either sleep inside or out. The bathrooms are uber clean, the closets made of teakwood and there is ample storage space to park yourself for a week. In the late winter-early spring this area of Samana is the breeding ground for about 5,000 whales.
The pool is gorgeous with a small swim up bar. We were there with two other families who are Dominican, so one night we ate in the restaurant and enjoyed some of the best seafood of our entire stay. We ate Brazilian Lobster, crab and fish along with a tray of beef and pork tenderloin. We had 3 platters of the seafood and one platter of meat selections, appetizers, a couple beers and pina coladas, sodas and bottled water for 11 people was $150. The second night we cooked a traditional Dominican meal at the casitas and had our own dance party on the patio overlooking the ocean. It was wonderful to have the facilities to both eat out and in, plus the view and the pool were terrific. We brought our own coolers of beverages so we didn't go to the bar.
There are spa services on the premises but we didn't use them, although the packages were very affordable.
The hotel staff are very attentive, kind and thorough. They were very prompt about cleaning our casita, paying attention to when we were at breakfast so it was clean on our return. They even swept the patio, steps and walkways every morning.
Breakfast is included in the cost of the room, which for us was about $180 per night for 2 large rooms, 2 full baths, a kitchen, patio and extra sleeping in built in sectional couches. The breakfast has made to order waffles that are excellent, fresh local fruit like Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Bananas and some traditional Dominican fare along with cereal, cheese, danishes and made to order eggs if you like.
We left this and went to Punta Cana for the reputed all inclusive resort experience and regretted leaving. Too much of a tourist trap for our liking, next time we will avoid Punta Cana all together and stay at Hotel Alisei to enjoy some whale watching, clean pristine beaches and the beauty of a very safe and lovely small town community.
Would I return? I'm already trying to figure out when we can get back to this property. It was superb in every way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Beach Front Apartments, where life is a breeze. Hotel Alisei consists of 54 brand new apartments with en-suite bathroom(s), private access and spacious terrace. Decorated in stylish Caribbean elegance with rich tropical hard wood furniture, king size bed(s) and/or single beds, fine fabrics in soft tones and a cozy integrated seating and kitchen area with plenty of colorful pillows. Tall glass doors lead to a large private terrace with enchanting ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Alisei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisei Hotel Las Terrenas
- Hotel Alisei Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic