“Cant wait to go back.”
Review of Hotel Alisei

Hotel Alisei
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Las Terrenas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nice rooms, super attentive staff. I felt safe. The rooms are like a little apartments.(pick one in the 3rd floor for the view) I only stayed a couple of days but next time I will plan to be there at least a week. The restaurant is great and convinient, the people went out of the way to please me and sometimes I know I am not that easy. So, thanks George. Bring your snorkle and you can see beautifull fish right in front of the hotel. Nice pool and a short walk from the city. I stayed later in one of these expensive Punta Cana Resorts and belive me this was a way better experience.

Room Tip: upper floors for ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank claudio f

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Las Terrenas is a busy little town, but Hotel Alisei is just down the street from the main part of town and is in a surprisingly quiet spot. The pool is lovely, the ocean view is great, the staff is incredibly welcoming, and the restaurant serves great food. We couldn't have been more happy with it.

One note, the part of the beach across from the hotel is not really for swimming, but you're not far from a good swimming beach when you stay there.

Room Tip: The apartments are very spacious, it's hard to pick a bad room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MoMighty
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed in the studio. A lot of stairs, but the view is amazing. Balcony is private. Grounds are well kept and pool is nice with water bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Djmitch
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Las Terrenas with its many beautiful beaches is a paradise, relaxed and natural without the full ocean-front covered with all-inclusive resorts.
The Alisei is an all-suites hotel, nicely arranged in a half circle and thus most suites have an ocean-view from their balconies. The entrance to the unit is from the stairs directly to the balcony with table and seats and place-mats as well as a hammock and cushions on a long bench – an ideal place to relax. The living-room/kitchen is completely furnished and the kitchen is equipped with everything you would need to prepare your own meal (and even more) – everything extremely clean and tidy. Each room has its own modern bathroom with all the products and amenities – even a clothes-line to dry your bathing suit.
Service from the front-desk as well as in the restaurant where you have your complimentary full buffet breakfast (with a daily changing choice of fresh fruit juices and eggs prepared to your liking) is served is very friendly, attentive and helpful. Housekeeping is excellent and arrives early so that you have your clean and made suite at disposition after the breakfast again. Towels are in a good number and beautifully soft. You get clean and well-kept beach-towels at the front desk.
We ate at their restaurant several times and have been very much satisfied with the choice and the preparation. Unfortunately the fisherman’s village with all the restaurants nearby has burnt down just before we arrived, so the choice of restaurants close-by has been limited – so we even more appreciated the restaurant on premises.
The beach in front of the resort is adequate for reading a book in the shadow, a perfectly nice and absolutely not crowded swimming beach (Playa Balenas) can be reached within a few steps along the beach. There have been no beach vendors and everybody we met on the beach has been very friendly. The long beaches are cleaned daily and are very well-kept. Even the debris in the water from the fire have been removed within no time.
Internet connection was missing the first few days after the fire, but was re-established soon and was working perfectly.
The village center itself is not really the place to write home about – we visited anyway. There is a nice and well-stocked supermarket where you could stock up if you do your own cooking – they even deliver. And there are some real nice fruit vendors. A taxi and excursion booth with fixed prizes is steps from the resort along the beach towards the village.

Room Tip: No elevator, so our choice was second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Engadiner
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean. Considering that it is DR where quality of service might be little different from what you would normally have in mind, this place is run pretty well. The only problem I had was at the restaurant. After a nice family dinner and few pictures I took with my iPhone we left the restaurant and went back to our rooms. In the morning I realized that my phone is gone. I looked in my room everywhere, but nothing, naturally I came to the conclusion that I left my phone on the restaurants table. I went to the reception to see if anybody found it but nobody new anything. Non of the restaurant staff knew anything ether! I do not have any proof but I'm pretty sure that one of the 2 staff people serving our table took it! The phone was on roaming only mode and was connected to the Hotel's WiFi. Atfter a day of waiting I initiated through my iPad (thank God I had the IPad with me) a remote wipe with "find my iPhone" app. A day after that I received an email conforming that the remote wipe have just completed. So there's only one way this could have happen, the phone was off for almost 2 days and then someone around the hotel's wifi area turned it on and probably wanted to see if it works and that's when the phone received the instruction to self wipe. I had a lot of important and private info on that phone and was quite terrified just thinking about what could happen if someone was able to get access to all of that. So I'm saying to all of you potential guests at Alisei Hotel: Be careful and don't leave anything behind like expensive electronic devices and especially in the restaurant area, because I'm pretty sure YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JarekZiaja
Reviewed July 4, 2012

A fantastic hotel, just off the beach. It appears to be fairly recently built and with great eye for detail.

We got a complimentary upgrade (which was not mentioned, but well appreciated) and had a room on the ground floor next to the swimming pool (which has a bar in it!). We never experienced any issues with being so close to the pool, as it was not crowded, even though the hotel was full.

The restaurant is good quality for breakfast as well as dinner and there are some nice restaurants nearby as well. You can walk there, but I recommend taking a moto concho, a ride on the back of the motor of the "taxi driver". Also possible with two persons!

The spa was amazing, and I still regret only going there just once. Price wise it was very attractive as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Th0master
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed in Alisei for almost 10 days. We picked it because of the reviews we read here in Trip Advisor.

The hotel is in a great location, a 10 minute drive and you are already in the center of the town Las Terenas. And to go to the beach you just cross the street. The beach is very beautiful aqua blue. But in that beach in front of the hotel there is a coral so, there isn't a lot of room to swim there but, you can either walk or drive to the right or left and there are other good beaches where you don't have the problem with the coral. We went to the left to playa Las Ballenas. We sat with our towels in the shade of a coconut tree and had some snacks, then went in the water which was very refreshing :)

Round the area there are a lot of tours that you can take. We did the one of the Limón Waterfall with Rancho Santi and we went to Los Haitises with Flora Tours. Both very very good tours.

It's peaceful only that sometimes, especially in the mornings there are a lot of street salesman that want to talk you into buying their merchandise: paintings, decorative elements and other. They will insist a lot, but they're just trying to make a living.

The apt where we stayed in was very well decorated and distributed. Looked just like in the pictures. Every apt has its own balcony with a hammock. Everything worked well except for the white doors with screeners that led to the balcony and the doors in the bathroom that led to a little area where one could hang clothes to dry them out. The doors where very difficult to close.

Our apt had air conditioning in the bedroom. It worked perfect. And in the other areas there were fans that also worked fine. We did have to turn them on sometimes because in that time there were a lot of Mosquitos. Important to have repellent and if your skin is sensitive also sun screen for the beach.

The cleaning ladies cleaned everyday in the morning. and in the first two days they even left flowers and used a very beautiful cleaning thing that had a beautiful scent. As days went by they stopped leaving flowers but always cleaned up well.

The apt has its own kitchen well equipped, coffee maker, blender, toaster, dishes, everything you need to cook. There Are several supermarkets in Las Terrenas. The big one is Supermercado Lindo. I think they open early in the morning at 8, close for lunch break at 12 and re open at 3. There you can get good food.

the hotel has a restaurant called Baraonda. We had breakfast included and ate there. They serve it from 7 to 10:30 I think...the food was good, we usually got omelets, waffles, salami, manú, bread, and fried sweet plantains. Love those. they had a variety of juices, coffee and tea.

The staff of the restaurant was very very kind. Always smiled at us. That was really nice, same as the staff at night where we sometimes had dinner. The food is not bad but it great. The Parmesan eggplant was really good.

The good thing is that there are a lot of other restaurants in that area, so you have a lot of choices. I suggest you always have cash cayuse there are some restaurants that don't take credit cards. Not all of them but some.

In town there are some banks with ATMs in case you need to get cash. The ones I saw were  a Scotiabank, Banreservas, Popular and Progreso.  We rented a four wheeler. It's very useful to do so. We only had to fill it up once and used it a lot. We transported ourselves everywhere. There are pharmacies and gift shops everywhere in town too in case you want to buy souvenirs. There are also taxi services in case you are going somewhere far.

What else? Oh yes, the pool is great whether you swim in the morning or at night is really really nice. It right in front of the spa, which is also very good. The staff there was very nice too. After a massage they would ask us if we wanted tea. It was very good tea in a very nice environment with relaxing music.

Just always have a bug repellent with you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
#15 of 35 in Las Terrenas
Villa Serena Hotel
Villa Serena Hotel
#1 of 4 in Las Galeras

Been to Hotel Alisei? Share your experiences!