We stayed here Feb.8th to 13th 2013...... It was our first trip to the Dominican and were a little leary regarding accommodations and safety. We brought our 13 year old son with us....Las Terranas is not a booming hot spot for night life but was perfect for us. Jim and Suzanne were incredible hosts and it was like staying at a friends house who gave you a key for your freedom but was there to aid in any way or answer any questions. The accommodations are clean, have cute little gecko guys to keep the bugs away, and the breakfasts are lovely. They include fresh fruit, fresh local bread, coffee, fresh orange juice, honey and fruit compote. We had the unit with the kitchen so boiled eggs and added them for a protein with our breakfasts.We also cooked a few suppers with local products and loved it! Our teen was a little bored. Snorkeling is not something exciting in DR in general compared to other places ( Maui, Cuba). Suzanne did however have boogie boards that other visitors had left behind and generously offered him one. That was it. Boredom solved, he road the waves and had fun. The pizza place at the end of the lane was FABULOUS! Our Mr. Picky Pants kid ran down the lane almost everyday (alone!) to buy his own pizza.Location-perfect, hosts-perfect, cleanliness-perfect, breakfast-lovely, center palapa for meeting other travelers was a bonus. A lot of info gets exchanged here over coffee or drinks. We really enjoyed the dog Rubio (he stole my earplugs off the bedside stand and tried to eat them!!!LOL!!!) note: keep Rubio out of your room!!LOL!!! Seriously, he is adorable. Also felt good with the night watchman there all night. We asked him his name and he smiled and said , "Watchman"!!!LOL!!! I would go there again with just my hubby and leave the kid at home! The kid was REALLY into Cabarete however, the next stop on our journey! Since our visit, 2 sets of friends have stayed there and loved it as well. We are all from Canada.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic location, only a minute walk to the beach and five minutes walk to the town square, numerous restaurants, bars, and shops. Set in a lush tropical garden filled with a variety of the island's flowers and trees, attracting many hummingbirds and other colourful species. Friendly and helpful staff that take pride in the hotel's cleanliness. From the comfortable and charming rooms, french doors open to your porch where you can enjoy the peaceful beauty of the garden. Some guests like to have their breakfast served on their porch, while others prefer to eat in the common social lounge area, where travellers share information about their adventures or their dining experiences at one of the numerous restaurants located within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casas del Mar Neptunia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Hotel Las Terrenas
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic