Suzanne and Jim were wonderful hosts at these beautiful cottages steps away from the beach AND from town. Their trusted taxi driver Toni, yes with an "i" , is gentle, safe, and more than dependable. He took us to Playa Coson, our favorite beach, to Luis's (restaurant serving lobster, shrimp, fish and chicken, and anything else you want (french fries)) on multiple occasions. He came to get us an hour early on one windy cooler day to see if we wanted to go early. We stayed in room #4 for 8 nights. Was a little shell shocked the first day without air conditioning, but after I adjusted, I was even cool at night, needing my covers. My family and I were so glad we stayed here, since it allows you to immerse yourself in the Dominican culture as much as you like. We shopped all over town without problem, even though 90% of the town speaks NO english. We could make do with sign language, and pen and paper. Loved the breakfasts of bread , fruit, great Dominican coffee, and jam. The staff there is more than gracious. Was sad to leave, and would consider a longer stay. Suzanne and Jim and their dog Rubio went out of there way to make sure we were welcome and kept track better than we did of our daily activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic location, only a minute walk to the beach and five minutes walk to the town square, numerous restaurants, bars, and shops. Set in a lush tropical garden filled with a variety of the island's flowers and trees, attracting many hummingbirds and other colourful species. Friendly and helpful staff that take pride in the hotel's cleanliness. From the comfortable and charming rooms, french doors open to your porch where you can enjoy the peaceful beauty of the garden. Some guests like to have their breakfast served on their porch, while others prefer to eat in the common social lounge area, where travellers share information about their adventures or their dining experiences at one of the numerous restaurants located within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Casas del Mar Neptunia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Hotel Las Terrenas
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic