If you're looking for a de-stressing place to lay your head at night, to wake up to a leisurely and graciously served continental breakfast under the cabana, and to walk down the driveway to the beach, this is it! We had a grand old time here. Perfect for groups of 2 - 20 who want to break into rooms of 1 - 3 and spend most of their time on the beach by day and at the local restaurants and dance club(s? -- we stuck to La Bodegua!) by night. The Neptunia cabana is also a chill spot for late night lounging with your group.
As for the beach, when you step onto it from across the Neptunia driveway, walk 5 minutes down to the right and you'll start finding the beachside bar/restaurants to lounge, sunbathe and (if you or your traveling companions are from the American South) smoke cigars at. Walk 10 more minutes down and the crowds disappear and the vistas turn magical. If you're cool enough, a beach dog will adopt you; don't be surprised if he gets a little jealous!
*DO* take the nearby horseback ride -- Suzanne can set you up. It's mythical! For bonus points, don't tell your traveling companions that they'll be arriving at a waterfall -- but do make sure they bring swim suits!.
For the adventure sporters, we were pleasantly surprised that there's a nearby paintball range, although we didn't actually get around to it. (Plus, one of our traveling companions had to protect his baby face.)
Since as you can see the rooms are at ground level, you'll bump into the occasional terrestrial bug, but nothing that a swift sandal kick can't resolve dispositively. We never had any problems with cleanliness.
The classic pitfalls of some Caribbean hotels -- things that go missing from hotel rooms, sick stomachs -- didn't afflict any of the 16 of us at Neptunia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic location, only a minute walk to the beach and five minutes walk to the town square, numerous restaurants, bars, and shops. Set in a lush tropical garden filled with a variety of the island's flowers and trees, attracting many hummingbirds and other colourful species. Friendly and helpful staff that take pride in the hotel's cleanliness. From the comfortable and charming rooms, french doors open to your porch where you can enjoy the peaceful beauty of the garden. Some guests like to have their breakfast served on their porch, while others prefer to eat in the common social lounge area, where travellers share information about their adventures or their dining experiences at one of the numerous restaurants located within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Casas del Mar Neptunia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Hotel Las Terrenas
- Casas Del Mar Neptunia Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic