“Loved La Terrasse”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Delicious and great sea view! Make sure to go early, kitchen closes after lunchtime. Nice staff and fresh election of delicious seafood!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

On a great beach with friendly service, this quaint little French Restaurant will be one of your fondest memories of Las Terrenas. All the seafood is fresh and the rest of the menu is amazing. It has never let me down once and I have eaten there at least 20 times...

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Sititng on a lovely terrace, listing to the ocean, feeling the breeze, eating fresh fish simply prepared with a summer cocktail. What could better?

Reviewed April 27, 2013

First I want to describe a previous experience. We were in El Salvador a few years ago. We were in a REAL fisherman's village. The fishermen's boats were on the beach in front of the restaurants. There were several restaurants, all connected, one after another. The families lived in small houses behind the restaurants.

We had a great lunch. I don't even remember the price but it was excellent.

In the Dominican Republic, we were staying at the El Portillo a few miles outside Las Terrenas. The guide book recommended a Pueblo de Pescadores. A fisherman's village. I was expecting what I had found in El Salvador. We took moto taxis into town. quite an adventure in itself.

but it was a series of modern restaurants in what looked like cute little shacks, but they were all brand new.

It could have been in a strip mall in Los angeles.

However, the location was fabulous. I was looking for a shrimp cocktail and one of the few places open for lunch was La Terrasse. Staff was very nice. Wonderful beach. Great view.

I ordered a shrimp cocktail, a cup of soup and a glass of wine. My wife ordered water and a seafood salad.

Staff was very nice, it was clean and the food was good.

But I really hadn't paid attention to the prices.

When the bill came it was $45 for lunch. I was shocked. This was a NYC price.

I liked the food, I liked the location, I just thought the prices were ridiculous.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The ambience and service is excellent. The restaurant has of course a terrace overlooking the beach.
The food is great French and Mediterranean. Many different options to choose from.
Bring cash though no cc accepted ( pretty much every restaurant here is the same)