“I even gave them a chance to answer my email before posting a bad review”

Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Las Terrenas
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The unit we were provided was really sub standard. No curtains in the bedroom but a cheap broken plastic blind, the instruction sheet on the lamp from Ikea was still on the lampshades, no light fixtures on ceiling. In plain sight, instead of a dishwasher, was a dirty bucket ( probably what they use to clean the floor). There were still wrappings ( dirty and tired) on the handles of the cup board. There were old open bags of snacks in the cup boards making us wonder when was the last time the cleaning lady was there. There was some coffee packages but no creamer. There was no drinkable water ( well there was a 5 Gallon dirty bottle with a pump and few centimeters of water in it but we abstain). We were saved by one of the night time security guard that brought us few small bottles. There was no phone to communicate with theFront Desk and no internet ( we could not find any modem) . On top of it, the reception of local cell phone was very bad. Upon check in we were told that we were "upgraded" - wow - what is the Run of the House then? Upon check out, I express my disappointment and the Front desk Manager handled it professionally. I later send an email with pictures to the property Manager ( actually 2 emails). After one week with no answer, it is time to warn other travellers.

Room Tip: Make sure the unit you are getting is one that has been inspected by the management prior to your ch...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MarieJoseeB2011
Maxaida M, General Manager at Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Balcones del Atlántico for taking the time to provide detailed feedback of your recent stay at Balcones. Our guest comments are an important part of our strategy to continuously improve the facilities and services we provide our guests. Your candid feedback helps us to achieve that objective and we sincerely appreciate your time.

We strive to ensure all stays exceed expectations. Be assured, we take your review very seriously and will use this as a tool to retrain our team players and improve areas of deficiency.
We hope you will reconsider the decision of return and give us an opportunity to provide you with an experience of a lifetime. Should you decide to visit us in the future, please feel free to contact me directly to assist with making the necessary arrangements.

Once again, thank you for visiting Balcones del Atlantico and for your useful feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just returned from a great vacation at Balcones. My cousin got married there on Saturday. The wedding was unbelievably gorgeous. No detail was overlooked. Our stay at the hotel was very nice. The apartments are huge and have wonderful amenities. The grounds and pool and short walk to the beach were also great. The beach itself is stunning and almost private. We checked out another hotel nearby and were overwhelmed by how many people were there. I was so glad we weren't staying there. The staff, especially the waiters were amazing. So sweet. They worked so hard! The front desk even called an artist who had exhibited paintings there earlier in the week so he could bring me the painting I liked before I left.

The food was also very good. The included breakfast was amazing. It included scarmbled eggs, sausage, mashed plantains, fruit, etc. A really generous offering.

My only complaint is that they were a bit stingy with toilet paper and towels. There also were no towels available at or near the pool and, given how few we had in the apartment, we were very short. Other than that, everything was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Melisita

We appreciate your feedback and I thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guest appreciate.

We will be delighted to welcome you and make your next stay a perfect one!

I send you my kindest regards along with my appreciation, once again, for taking the time to provide detailed feedback of our property.

My best regards!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Beautiful grounds, beautiful beach, immaculate accommodations. However, my review is heavily influenced by the professional and discrete service from Ramon (head of security) and Darling (manager) when I experienced a 'stranger-in-a-strange-land' incident in the Dominican. Basically, they helped defuse a potential disastrous situation that appeared out of nowhere. Ramon's experience as a former police officer and Darling's tactful insight helped rescue my visit. I know this is a strange review, but I would never stay anywhere else in Samaná.

Room Tip: If you can get a penthouse, it really adds to the ambiance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Balcones del Atlántico. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. We continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

My best regards!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Beautiful beach, wonderful apartment, nice service, what else could you ask?
The beach is perfect for kids, is quiet and calm and you can watch them from the bar or restaurant.

The apartments are big, with a modern tropical elegant furniture and a good housekeeping, you feel like at home.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lil B

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

See you soon in paradise!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great time at Balcones del Atlantico. This place is well decorated and clean. The rooms were marvelous and the bathrooms were just phenomenal. Staff was pleasant and helpful. I would not have any problem going there again, in fact, if I go back to Las Terrenas, Balcones del Atlantico will be my first choice. All it needs is to be all inclusive and no other place will be better than this one in Samana and las Terrenas.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FGV59
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a great stay with our kids at Balcones del Atlantico. The apartment are clean and nicely decorated. The staff is friendly and responds quickly when we needed something. The restaurant (Porto) is very good and has great staff. The beach is just wonderful--very clean and safe for children. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nana_WashingtonDC
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay away from the crazy all inclusive surreal resorts in Samana, this is the place. One of the most comfortable accommodations I've ever been to, and it is certainly in one of the most peaceful places in the DR. Highly recommend if you are looking for a place to rest or spend with the family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
#7 of 35 in Las Terrenas
La Dolce Vita Residence
La Dolce Vita Residence
#14 of 35 in Las Terrenas

Been to Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico? Share your experiences!