The unit we were provided was really sub standard. No curtains in the bedroom but a cheap broken plastic blind, the instruction sheet on the lamp from Ikea was still on the lampshades, no light fixtures on ceiling. In plain sight, instead of a dishwasher, was a dirty bucket ( probably what they use to clean the floor). There were still wrappings ( dirty and tired) on the handles of the cup board. There were old open bags of snacks in the cup boards making us wonder when was the last time the cleaning lady was there. There was some coffee packages but no creamer. There was no drinkable water ( well there was a 5 Gallon dirty bottle with a pump and few centimeters of water in it but we abstain). We were saved by one of the night time security guard that brought us few small bottles. There was no phone to communicate with theFront Desk and no internet ( we could not find any modem) . On top of it, the reception of local cell phone was very bad. Upon check in we were told that we were "upgraded" - wow - what is the Run of the House then? Upon check out, I express my disappointment and the Front desk Manager handled it professionally. I later send an email with pictures to the property Manager ( actually 2 emails). After one week with no answer, it is time to warn other travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Xeliter Balcones del Atlántico, the newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic. Balcones features lavish one- two and three bedroom villa suites, Porto, a beachfront restaurant and bar, and a wide variety of Caribbean vacation activities including watersports, eco-tourism and more. Get the full luxury experience by staying at the Penthouse Villa where you will enjoy a rooftop deck offering incredible views, an impressive private plunge pool, and close to 4000 sq ft. of luxury space for 6 to 7 friends or family. Located on the Dominican Republic's Samaná Peninsula, Balcones del Atlántico is nestled in a lush tropical oasis on nearly a kilometer of Playa Las Terrenas. Discover some of the world's most pristine beaches, untouched landscapes and underwater splendors while enjoying world-class accommodations and amenities. Check out our current Caribbean vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcones Del Atlantico, a Rock Hotel Las Terrenas
- Xeliter Balcones Del Atlantico Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic