We spent a week at Balcones del Atlantico in mid-late February, two boys under 6, parents, and grandparents. The accommodations were lovely, including balcony shades that could be lowered and secured at night but were open to the breeze during the day. Plenty of bathrooms, dishes, towels, and places to sit. Room service cleaned and washed dishes. The hot tub was fixed after we complained. Across the road is a good beach with unthreatening breakers, lounges, and a lovely restaurant. On weekends, the place (and the beach) filled up with families (from Santo Domingo?) and was noisy, but the presence of young kids livened things up, especially the pool areas. Trips into town on a cab yielded fresh fish from an outdoor market, supplies from a supermercado, and cash from a Scotiabank ATM, with more restaurants with good fish. The kids loved the beach, which has some shade from coconut trees and a cooling breeze. We hooked up our Appletv to the TVs and used Amazon and Netflix through the excellent WiFi connection. Nearby activities included the zipline (don't take young kids), whale watching, and a trip to a friend's farm near a beach. Definite 3rd world feel in being catered to by staff, especially if your Spanish is weak; slightly weak upkeep. One highlight was watching ceviche prepared for us by the beach restaurant chef -- delicious and informative. Another was getting a meal prepared in our lodgings by a chef from a nearby restaurant. Great weather, even when it rains. We took an expensive two-hour van ride to and from the SD airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Xeliter Balcones del Atlántico, the newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic. Balcones features lavish one- two and three bedroom villa suites, Porto, a beachfront restaurant and bar, and a wide variety of Caribbean vacation activities including watersports, eco-tourism and more. Get the full luxury experience by staying at the Penthouse Villa where you will enjoy a rooftop deck offering incredible views, an impressive private plunge pool, and close to 4000 sq ft. of luxury space for 6 to 7 friends or family. Located on the Dominican Republic's Samaná Peninsula, Balcones del Atlántico is nestled in a lush tropical oasis on nearly a kilometer of Playa Las Terrenas. Discover some of the world's most pristine beaches, untouched landscapes and underwater splendors while enjoying world-class accommodations and amenities. Check out our current Caribbean vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcones Del Atlantico, a Rock Hotel Las Terrenas
- Xeliter Balcones Del Atlantico Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic