I took my mom with me for a week at Balcones at the end of August...and we were extremely excited when we arrived...We arranged car service through the hotel and they were waiting for us upon arrival...Beautiful drive through incredible scenery but got a bit 'scary' as we got closer to the resort...lots of construction but the driver was fantastic! As we approached the resort, we drove through LasTerranas which was definately a "local" town...very few tourists...The hotel was unbelievably beautiful. We were warmly greeted upon check-in by Ricardo and staff and given a refreshing cocktail then taken to our room...We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa with the 2nd floor being a deck with hot tub...Exquisitely decorated. Beautiful view of the pool. The beach is actually across the street from the resort but there is nothing else around so it is perfect...Beautiful stretch of white sand and the best part "hardly any people"...The restaurant Porto was fantastic and the chef, Bruno was brilliant and created a wonderful variety of choices...The only downside was that Hurricane Irene came through while we were there....For our safety, the staff relocated us to a lower unit and made sure that we had a phone that worked and provided food during the time the restaurant was closed...After the storm passed my mom & I along with another family from California were given a wine tasting and ceviche making class and shown a movie as "the survivors of Hurricane Irene" They were great! There was alot of rain and wind but we survived and they took great care of us...We unfortunately didn't get a chance to do much of the eco-sightseeing but we did get a ride on a scooter into town and did some shopping...Since the area is newly developed and still growing there is some construction and not alot of people speak fluent English but the are learning and very willing to try...All in all we had a fantastic time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Xeliter Balcones del Atlántico, the newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic. Balcones features lavish one- two and three bedroom villa suites, Porto, a beachfront restaurant and bar, and a wide variety of Caribbean vacation activities including watersports, eco-tourism and more. Get the full luxury experience by staying at the Penthouse Villa where you will enjoy a rooftop deck offering incredible views, an impressive private plunge pool, and close to 4000 sq ft. of luxury space for 6 to 7 friends or family. Located on the Dominican Republic's Samaná Peninsula, Balcones del Atlántico is nestled in a lush tropical oasis on nearly a kilometer of Playa Las Terrenas. Discover some of the world's most pristine beaches, untouched landscapes and underwater splendors while enjoying world-class accommodations and amenities. Check out our current Caribbean vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xeliter Balcones del Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcones Del Atlantico, a Rock Hotel Las Terrenas
- Xeliter Balcones Del Atlantico Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic