“A perfect Dominican Republic beach getaway!”
Review of Hotel Albachiara

Hotel Albachiara
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Las Terrenas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We've just returned from 16 days in the Dominican Republic - 6 of those nights were spent at the Hotel Alba - and we loved staying there! Having just spent 2 stressful nights in Santo Domingo, Hotel Alba was a welcome relief - visually, comfort level and location. How wonderful to see the beach directly across the street with strategically placed lounge chairs on the sand in front of the turquoise ocean. The hotel reception was welcoming - especially Josephine the manager. We had a wonderful King Suite with an ocean view in front of the fabulous pool - this looked beautiful both in the day and night. Loved the resident rabbit as well! The hotel is strategically located on 27 Febrero Street - walking distance to all of the great restaurants, car/quad rental place, art and clothing stores. And the morning breakfasts were delicious and filling. We couldn't have chosen a better place to stay.

Room Tip: When you make your reservation ask for a room in the back with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlobalGal47

Reviewed June 16, 2012

returned to nyc mon. june 11. 2012 relaxed and content with the great service provided by josephina and her staff. have been to las terrenas many times and first time at Albachiara. this hotel will be my 1st choice from now on. can't wait to return. spent 5days sun and fun with my brother paul, great trip. signed jerry m. nyc

Room Tip: very quiet at night any room is fine
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jerry M
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Very pleasant stay, rooms where clean and fresh , Josefina the manager was very kind and helpful making sure we had what we needed.
Rooms are nice eventhough the showers are a bit small and there is no iron available in the apartments.The beds are good just about the right amount of softness and firmness.

Overall the hotel is very nice,beautiful pool and the beach across the street,I really enjoyed my night and would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I went for this hotel because i saw the "how awesome" reviews I read in here, I was very disappointed and amazed that this hotel is rated for the second best hotel in the whole Samana. I am not saying it was bad, but certainly I had been to other hotels in the peninsula that were better by far. Great service, ok breakfast, good location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank luisana20
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Great service, great location, great people fun friendly and safe place with amazing apartment like rooms with ocean views!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Molomi
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My huband and myself decided to go to Las Terrenas this time and it was the best decision!! We felt like we were in our own vacation apt. The service, the food, the pool, the apts. Everybody was real pleasant and friendly at all times! I will highly recomend it and any time we go back to Las Terrenas, that will be the hotel we are going!! Thanks so much to the lady n the reception for making us feel so special!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mhernandez_12
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed here at the end of February - beginning of March 2012: thought I would try it because of its rank on TripAdvisor. A big disappointment. My room was not ready upon arrival, and it took a couple of hours to sort things out. Housekeeping skipped a day here and there, taxi driver hotel sent to pick me up from the airport stopped to give lift to relatives along the way, on my US $60.00. Don't mind helping people in need, but I felt taken advantage of, and that it was planned and not an accidental encounter with the relatives. Breakfast average, senior hotel staff somewhat aloof (the woman in the admin office actually cringed when I said hello). Beach in front of the hotel very poor, and the hotel is also on a busy part of the road with near constant motoconcho noise and fumes. But I know the hotel can't help its location. I must say, the junior hotel staff were very good. One young woman found an envelope of my vacation cash and returned it all to me. One of the kitchen staff was great too, and she carried breakfast to my room a few times. Those two got lots of tips from me. But I believe their actions are a reflection of Dominican honesty and kindness, not necessarily of the service standards of hotel itself.

Next time, I will stay at the far better Alisei which features an excellent restaurant, Baraonda, where I have eaten at least 30 times and never been disappointed, or the Colibri, with its friendly, conscientious staff, beautiful grounds and excellent beach. I stayed at the Colibri for two weeks in 2011 and it was lovely.

Room Tip: My suite was very nice. It was the service and the more human aspects of the hotel that were lacking...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo