El Rincon De Abi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Casa Robinson(Las Terrenas)
Hotel Albachiara(Las Terrenas)
Hotel Oasis(Las Terrenas)
Los Pinos(Las Terrenas)
Hotel Palapa(Las Terrenas)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I do not understand how anyone can leave a positive review on this hotel. The sheets, pillows, and towels smelled horrible, and when we complained the owner told us that they weren't going to wash them for 2 days. we had one mini bar of soap for the time we were there (we had to buy soap). The "breakfast" was controlled, owners were rude. One of the worst hotel experiences of my life.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank chanamiarob
elrincondeabi, Propriétaire at El Rincon De Abi, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Customers unwanted, undisciplined, noisy not corresponding to the réputation of the hôtel.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

El rincon de abi is a little hotel runned by a french family. The rooms are very nice decorated and theres a common room with a kitchen for every one. Breakfast is included and also very rich with fresh fruits, eggs, corn flakes etc. The owners are really helpfull in organising sightseeing and daytrips. Theres also a pool if the beach which is only 2 min away is not enough. its also only 2 minutes away from the center of the village so its no problem to go shooping or to go out in the evening even without a car.. Catherine and Arnaud have a nice way to let you know, that they will help you with nearly whatever you want without being pushy. We were there for the second time and it was even better then the first one.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mailech
Reviewed January 6, 2009

While the rooms are clean and the location central, this is about the only recommendation I can give.
The decoration is so austere that the rooms have less charm as a prison cell (except I imagine you are least supplied with soap in jail)
The included "breakfast" was stale bread and jam and orange juice that was as sour as the owner.
They advertise themselves as having wi-fi but when I asked for the password, I was grilled about when we were leaving the hotel and Las Terrenas. Perhaps they thought I would be hanging around in the bushes after we left with my laptop to access the internet. The owner insisted on typing the password into my computer herself and when it didn't work, shrugged and walked off.
My friend with whom I was traveling with asked if he could see the grounds of the hotel after breakfast and the owner demanded to know why he wanted to see them (in French) even though we were in a Spanish speaking country and we both spoke excellent Spanish and English.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank LudwigLeichardt
elrincondeabi, Propriétaire at El Rincon De Abi, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

We are happy to know that you have to spend a good moment in our company thank you for having visited us

Reviewed May 28, 2007

arrive SDQ mon 14 may 07. 1 bag missing. rented a car, told las terrenas was 4 hr drive, more like 8. arrive rincon de abi 10 pm. noone answered. had to find other accomodation. tues i call el rincon, spoke with arnaud, told him about my lost bag,he said the airline called and would deliver. they did but it was after 10 and arnaud would not take delivery, he finally did on wed.wed. checked out of our other accom and went to el rincon. the room was beyond minimalist, it was stark. a bed, no a c, 2 bath towels and 1 hand towel for 2 people, no lamps, no tv, no phone, the only lights were 1 sticking out of the wall 3 ft over the bed and 1 in the bath. i had paid arnaud 1000 pesos cash(he answered the door with only pants on). the last straw-- put my luggage on the bed, from under the sheets--5 or6 roaches went running. my wife and i took of like bonnie and clyde. back to aligio bch. hotel and civilization. we paid exactly double for the aligio but worth every bit. we stayed for 10 days.

Stayed: May 2007
11  Thank DtonabchBeenaround

A suitcase lost it is as the bad weather that puts in a bad mood thank you for having visited us

A TripAdvisor Member
france
Reviewed August 20, 2005

Very good hotel now new boss new swiming pool good for family.
I come back in october.