we stayed here for 2 weeks, got back a week ago. What can i say. The transfer is long after the plane journey but you get to see what a beautiful lush, colorful place this is, and all for free. Upon arrival the lobby is big and airy all open plan. Check in went smoothly and we were offered a different room as they misunderstood i was there with my son, but i said a king size would be fine. Rooms were a fair size, huge bed and plenty of storage. Bed was very comfy. Grounds were amazing, the plants and trees were beautiful. I had a problem with my sons charger whilst there and Andre on reception personally bought me one from his town, unfortunately it still didnt work but the allowed him to charge it from the usb on the front desk without qualm, anything to help. Ronald on reception also lovely too always smiling and made my son happy. Beach is beautiful and clean plenty of sunbeds and the wonderful dogs. We took a walk up the left side of the beach and they walk alongside you, are so friendly and makes it feel like home from home, bring some meat down for them. Some do look a bit thin and they would appreciate it. Food was of good quality although i was quite poorly with my tummy while i was there, not sure what it was but it took a bit of pleasure from the holiday. Specialty restaurants were of great quality and made a nice change from buffet, we didnt go to the fish one though. Trips we did one from las terrenas to las balleinas to snorkel with turtle dive centre, it was a waste of money as there were more fish at the hotels reef and most of that is dead sadly. We did zip lining with tour samana with terry. We were the only ones there and our guide benjamin franklin was really informative. Finally we did a rafting tour with thomson, It was fantastic, butfelt conned into buying a pair of wet shoes. We went in flip flops as did the other party that travelled with us, i asked our guide if they were suitable and he said that they were. Upon arrival they said you may lose your flip flops but then we were told if we didnt buy the shoes we wouldnt be allowed on the trip. I didnt feel this fair as it was not specified at any point by thomsons. To add insult to injury when we got down to the river there were lots of people rafting wearing flip flops so be careful if your doing this trip. Thomson should be more. informative. I must mention Miralva who serves drinks in the lobby and Alberto on the bar, and rudy, always smiling and pleasant. Alejanda in the main buffet was fantastic too. The staff make this wonderful holiday. Be proud of them Bahia princpe. Cleanliness is second to none too. This chain of hotels have definitely left a good impression. We are just sad we didnt get the goodbye song.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic