As I was booking our next Grand Bahia vacation to Akumal I just realized I didn't give the amazing staff at El Portillo their recognition.
A huge thank you for making our vacation just that much nicer to SAIDA, KEIRA and GEORGIRIO!!
The service here is top notch, the restaurants are great! Our room was spacious and very clean. Our mini bar was always restocked, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and always went out of their way to greet us.
We only ate at the buffet during breakfast but it was really well put together with quite a bit of variety. I have to share that the guys in the Italian Restaurant were very fun, they were constantly joking with us and making sure we were happy with everything. El Pescador was our favorite.
The beach at this resort is beautiful! You can turn left and walk into Las Terranas or turn right and you may just find yourself your own private beach. ;)
The only downside was the spa. We always book massages for the last day, the spa is in need of some updating and the therapists could benefit from some additional training. There were other staff being so loud right outside of our room the therapists had to stop the massage and have them quiet down. Which is no fault of theirs, that falls on the front desk staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic