We stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo from March 1 to March 8th. It is the 4th Grand Bahia Principe hotel we stayed at and again, we were not disappointed. The resort is very clean and the beach is perfect for the long walk. The reef in front of the hotel is also perfect to snorkel with children (and older one too).
The choice at the buffet and snack are limited but you will always find something good to eat. The 3 A la carte restaurant are ok. The veal and chicken at the Gourmet are excellent. The Italian and the seafood might be a notch below the other Grand Bahia Principe A la carte restaurant we have visited but it doesn't mean they aren't good.
What about the hotel employees? Simply amazing. They are always there to say "Hola" with a smile. From the Bar tender, to the maid and the bell boy, they all have an awesome client services attitude.
We also took the excursion to El Limon fall with horse back riding. We booked with our tour operation on the hotel site. We went with Maria & Miguel. They give you water boots and an helmet. Each rider is assigned a horse and a guide that walk along your side all the way to the falls and back. Great work to everyone there.
The other excursion we took was the whale watching. Even if we were close to the end, we were lucky enough to see them. Up to 3 at the same time, 2 big ones and a baby.
Unfortunately, we only took 1 week and we are back home but we would definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic