We just returned from two weeks at the Grand Bahie, "WOW". The food is just fantastic, no salt, well seasoned and the flavours that the chef comes up with wow.
Do not miss the duck, with the fig reduction. The staff is so freindly they could not do enought for us. Valentine and Pedro on the front desk, Henry in the buffet and Charlie (wow) on the beach, you don't stop laughting with him and his side kick Daniel. The room we had was a junior suite and it was so comfortable and clean the maids are wonderful and always leave you a little treat.
The beach was the best, snorkelling was amazing right there at the beach the fish where every color and size imaginable. Lots of chairs on the beach and the snack bar was great, it looks out over the water which is just the bluest blue.
Don't miss the spa Marlin will make you feel like a queen. The place just feels special, very quiet when you want it to be but if you feel like some fun go for it.
Air Canada vacations took us down and Guy I would have to say is the best travel rep we have ever ran into, he took good care of everyone and always had some freindly advice and a little joke.
There was few children at the resort which was just great, we where looking to really relax from our busy lives and this place did the trick, we will be going back.
Just a note, don't acept a gift from the guys trying to sell the time share packages, they are not part of the hotel staff and they stand out, you will notice them because they are not the ones smiling, it really didn't sound like a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, TravelUp, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic