We visited El Portillo the first week of February and were very impressed with this resort. Just like most of the reviews we had read, the place is excellent in just about every way. The food, rooms, staff and service are as good as it gets for the money. The beach is amazing. Little or no seaweed
and fairly shallow crystal clear water for swimming or snorkeling around the small reefs. You can walk a mile or so each way off the resort where it is very private and lined with palm trees - a real tropical experience. I am very susceptible to sand fleas and am happy to report that I never received a single bite all week. Just a note to say that the Diamond area of the resort is actually the farthest point from the main buffet and beach which was a bit of a disappointment so be prepared for the extra walk if you are booking Diamond. The good news is you can request a shuttle if you are feeling lazy. We took a day trip into Las Terrenas by cab and really enjoyed it. The town people are very nice and there are plenty of shops to browse in. The beach there is worth a look, especially the fish market , a real eye opener. Overall I would highly recommend this resort, not a big party place just a great place to unwind and enjoy the Carribean experience. Also a big thanks to our friends M&J for making our trip extra special and one to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic