Went to El Portillo for one week starting Feb. 7th and was very impressed (after the first day). The only problem was a misinterpretation of where the Royal Golden suites were located. I had thought from the different sites I visited that Royal Golden suites were buildings 1/3 which are closest to the beach/lobby/restaurants/pool but upon arrival we were in building 12 at the very back of the property. We were informed that all the building 1-12 were the upgraded suites. After the 1st day, we didn't mind in the least as we were right beside the 'quiet' pool which we used every day and the walk to the beach, etc was not long at all and there are also shuttles available.
Most of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Carlos - the asst. manager was friendly, helpful and charming. Alexander, the bartender at the quiet pool, was very nice and remembered what I drank and he seemed to be genuinely glad to see you. I'm not sure of his name but I think it's Ricardo in the buffet restaurant was superb.
The beach was amazing and I wouldn't have worried about my grandchildren playing in the water as it was the calmest oceanside beach I have ever been to. There is a capaccino machine in the beach restaurant that was excellent.
If I were to return to any resort, this would be the one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 4 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic