Our whole family accompanied us on this trip, 8 adult children and our 5 grandsons. We felt the beach was great for the boys for both sandcastle building and snorkeling as well as skin boarding. The waters was green flagged most of the week. Never red flagged. The food at the buffet was awesome even for our most picky eater. Never a problem with service even though we were a large group. A special thanks to Ana, our hardworking waitress who always seemed there to help us. Hope she delivers a healthy baby. The mini club girl, Sandra, was wonderful getting the boys involved in the dancing, shuffle board and darts. She deserves a raise, as you could tell she really loves children. Only problem during this trip was a safe that never worked even though we called to have it fixed and a major ceiling leak; but this was repaired while we were at the beach for the day. None of this ruined our trip. Would also like to thank Antonio, a young man training for bartender position. He is a very pleasant young man with the people skills for that job. Hope he does well. The family went zip lining and loved it. I would highly recommend this resort. We LOVE the Bahia principe resorts...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic