We travelled with friends Jan.26- Feb.3/ 13 and can't say enough good things about it. Food was great,rooms were super clean, the staff was fantastic and the atmosphere was super fun. The beach was absolutely incredible- we didn't even go to the pool because the beach was so great. The beach vendors were friendly and not at all pushy- as soon as you said no thank you, they moved on. Even the time share people weren't aggressive. Our Air Canada rep, Guy, was absolutely fantastic. Any little problem that came up, he was more than helpful. Super friendly and very funny- great job Guy! Overall an amazing experience- great place to recharge the batteries! Long overdue trip for my husband and I. The staff were always so friendly and quick to help. Because we hadn't been away in so long, we weren't sure what to expect but we were so happy with our trip. Would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic