Our trip to Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo was over all excellent. We found the accommodations were excellent and service at the resort was great with everyone we met. Three people at the resort stood out for service. Rosanna was an excellent bar tender in the main bar. She was so sweet and attentive every time we were there. Carlos the bartender at the beach was amazing communicating in more languages than you can imagine, always funny, and welcoming. Harrison had a Henna tattoo and souvenir stand. He was a great beach buddy and a wealth of information about the area. All the others working were kind and courteous all the time. There were language barriers but that was all part of the experience. Some glitches occurred like or room phone didn’t work, and our safe needed to be replaced but the villa was wonderful and roomy.
Our daughter was married on the beach as part of the package. It was wonderful the way it was set up and coordinated. Kodos to that crew.
The beach was great and there were plenty of beach chairs along the way. The beach venders were pushy at times but once we got to know them it was fun to talk with them. The Photo crew that randomly takes pictures on the beach were awesome and fun. Availability of purchasing the pics was fun to, we bought a couple. The pools and activities were great fun including the performances at the theater. There were day trips available, we chose a trip to town of Las Terrenas and a boat trip to the National Park and Bacardi Island. Las Terrenas was a great visit, always take a cab and have them wait for you. Our cab waited two hours with no issues at all. The National park trip was all day. Our Tour guide Nano was excellent. He has a passion for sharing the history of the area. He was great about keeping the group together and safe. The Park and Island are a must see.
There were other activates available but spent most of our time on the beach, eating and enjoying the amenities of the resort.
Again overall wonderful week trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 4 a la carte restaurants 8 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 582 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Junior Suite and Family Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic