“Wonderful!”

Restaurant Mi Corazon
Ranked #2 of 130 Restaurants in Las Terrenas
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Mi Corazon has to be one of the very best restaurants in Dominican Republic. From the welcome to paying the (reasonable) bill, the experience is brilliant. The owner took time to visit and present the wonderful tasting menu. The food and service are excellent, the ambiance in the best of taste. So happy we've discovered this place!

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank Susan W

France
“One of the 3 best in LT”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very refined service. Excellent food.
The blind room, in the style of an old hacienda, is particular and is not for my taste.
Sometimes a little bit quiet, but I go back regularly.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Patrick_JS
Peoria, Illinois
“Special event worthy”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although my husband and I were staying in Las Galeras, a trip to eat at Mi Corazón (an hour drive away) seemed well worth it based on the reviews, and it was. From the outside, I had my doubts, but the interior was charming and warm, with great ambiance. Upstairs was a little bar, while the dining tables were downstairs in the open-air courtyard. (It can be covered in case of rain)

Lilo, who is so kind and attentive, explained the menu to us upstairs while we enjoyed a drink. We were invited to go downstairs to our table when it pleased us, and the dinner unfolded at a leisurely and well-timed pace. I got the tasting menu, which at the time was based around cacao (I was slightly skeptical of a whole meal around cacao), but WOW. Great, creative flavor combinations that managed to be delicious at the same time that they were *really* interesting and new. Lilo explained every course as it came out, and made us feel comfortable to ask any questions we might have had.

I've read some reviews on this place being slow. I would just say: It's not fast food. This is intended to be a dining experience where you take your time to enjoy the food and company you're with, and a good dose of conversation. Also, in a restaurant like this they don't rush you out by bringing the bill; you ask for it when you're ready. So you might be waiting a while if you're expecting it to be brought out without asking. For someone like me who lives on a budget, yes, this is expensive. Compared to the DR, yes, it's expensive. But for the entire experience as a whole, it was well worth it, and I'm very happy we went. Also, their prices are listed on their menu online, so you can decide for yourself if it's too much for you.

Overall, visit Mi Corazón! You won't forget it or regret it.

6 Thank Mandy K
prague
“Great gastronomy and nice change from bad dominican cousine”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Based on previous reviews I have decided to try this restaurant. It was amazing experience and great change from quite bad and boring dominican cousine (the chef is not dominican). The food is really high quality and very fresh, presentation of the meals is spectacular! Restaurant is very romantic with very special atmospehre! Wine was very good served and very tasty! The best gastronomical experience in Dominican Rep.!

7 Thank luciegelna
San Francisco, California
“Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went online and read some previous reviews and decided to try it out. Everything in MI CORAZON is excellent! Unbelievable food, superb ambiance and fantastic service. Lilo can't do enough to provide you with a perfect evening. It's a wonderful place for a romantic dinner for two or for a birthday party. Also great value for money. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone!

5 Thank Peter W