“Give me an Amen”
The Old Chapel.
The lounge featuring the original chapel beams. The rear courtyard garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Old Chapel.
The lounge featuring the original chapel beams.
The rear courtyard garden.
The lounge looking towards the chapel windows.
Another view of the spacious and comfortable lounge.
The kitchen patio doors to the garden.
The dining area from the mezzanine lounge.
The light and airy kitchen diner.
The dining area in the kitchen.
The downstairs corridor.
The spiral staircase.
The chapel windows.
Another view of the double bedroom.
The double en suite.
The twin en suite shower room.
The garden seen from the pergola.
Another view of the garden.
The twin bedroom.
The dining area on the ground floor.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
ANTHONY M
“Give me an Amen”
Reviewed April 3, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Sheer luck made our holiday at The Old Chapel possible. Our original booking at a caravan park had to be cancelled due to a water leak due to a frozen pipe. With a few days to spare I was desperately searching for late availability that would also accept pets for Easter. It was proving to be mission impossible, I was amazed when I looked at the pictures of the accommodation, it looked fantastic and better still it was showing available for the week I wanted. I spoke to Penny and explained my predicament and she got back to me with a price that put a smile on my face and a song in my heart. When I shared the link with my wife she was very pleased.

When we arrived and stepped foot in The Old Chapel we realised that the pictures don't do it justice, it's fabulous and really has the wow factor, there was a lovely cake and bottle of wine on the table waiting for us. The conversion from chapel to holiday accommodation has been very well done, and very well thought out. Towels and tea cloths and washing up liquid are all included and the kitchen has every utensil you'll need, the outside space is great and it's secure so you can let your dog or children out and they can't wander off. Incidentally if you have a dog then the little path to the left leads to a good little walk down by the river.

The layout with the living space upstairs is great and if has lots of natural light and the led lit spiral staircase is a classy touch. It's a nice place to chill and the elegance of the chandelier adds to the ambience. The underfloor heating means the tiled floor is warm under foot, the two bedrooms one double and one twin are both ensuite and the showers are very good with plenty of hot water.

The only criticism I have is that the mattress on the double bed is dire. My back and neck ached every morning, it feels like it needs replacing, my wife also found it uncomfortable. That small issue aside it's a fantastic place to stay and it's very unique.

The only problem I'll have now is finding somewhere as good for our next UK break.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing