“Best pub for all-round service, food and value in the area”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Axmouth
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I liked my first visit (19th July) so much that I returned on 30th July for another meal. The menu is slightly more interesting than most pubs (pil pil prawns) but even the steaks are delicious. I think the service makes this pub stand out though - the staff are so attentive but pleasant and completely relaxed.

2  Thank nickw512
There are newer reviews for The Ship Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stopped here for a Sunday lunch and decided to have my favourite whitebait. Got the most enormous plateful and it was delicious! We sat in the garden, the service was quick and friendly. Not too busy so we were quite lucky I think. Bumped into friends who eat there frequently and would recommend this pub any time.

1  Thank karen t
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lovely place to stop for lunch or a evening meal with lovely beer gardens & views, in a quiet village offering nice walks, and a camp site for holiday makers

Reviewed July 25, 2013

A summer's day, visiting my sister in law in Seaton. Being a local, she knows the good places. The place was very busy, but on a lovely day, who cared. We all ordered the cod and chips. A huge piece of snow white cod, moist, flakey, crisopy, crispy batter. I never eat batter, but I couldn't stop eating this - every bit of it and I could have licked the plate. Yummo. Also, really good serves of wine. A standard drink in Australia is 100 ml, so we ordered 'large' glasses and got 250 ml glasses of good chilean sauvignon blanc - really good serves we weren't driving!) Can't wait to go back again

1  Thank yunderup1
Reviewed July 23, 2013

4 of us had a meal at this pub, it was recommended by the waitress at a nearby tea room. We booked, not sure if we needed to or not, it was very busy, but not absolutely full. The pub has a varied menu, we had no difficulty choosing. They had run out of some things, but as everything was fresh, we didn't think this mattered, it showed that the pub had been busy that day! Food was excellent and the service was good.

1  Thank Liz B