1,358 results
All reviews golf course marriott hotel play golf leisure facilities main restaurant leisure club golf break two double beds steam room wedding guests evening meal zest bar public areas short break bed and breakfast wedding reception stayed here for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited this hotel on 6th sept for 4 days,Rooms comfortable,Location great,only thing letting this hotel down is having only one restaurant which is classed as the 19th hotel for the golfers,not a great choice on menu,could do with a separate restaurant for other guest.Had to seek other restaurant outside for evening meals,plus one morning we had to wait for a table to come free due to a large wedding party & a large group of golfers.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

Not what you expect, or want, nor would I ever recommend to anyone.

Beds are quite possibly worst I’ve ever slept in. You could tell the whole thing was just thrown together- mattress old and just had an upper put on it that was too small for the bed, pillows(2) I’ve read magazines thinner than these, duvet that would have doubled up as a net curtain..... may I ask what we actually got for £88... I booked 3 rooms-all 3 hated their rooms! All thought it was wasted money! I’ve stayed in air bnb’s with better beds. Both me and my partner gave up at 6:20am and just got up. Followed shortly outside by a friend who too gave up. Awful. Never again.

£264 wasted cos no one could sleep.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Third year running at Hollins Hall and how things have changed, Hotel has been taken over , Golf shop shut, course layout excellent as usual but starting to look tatty, Reception staff ok but bar and restaurant badly understaffed, attitudes were terrible as if no one cared about the guests. Food was ok , breakfast adequate but obvious this is on a downhill slide , sorry but we won’t be back anytime soon which is a shame as we enjoy the course

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank dinglesboy
Reviewed August 28, 2019

What a difference 5 months makes. Room was ok, lovely location, reception staff fine BUT- 1. Service in the Grill room not great-but food was fine. 2. Our friends said their room was very dusty, although ours was fine. 3. We decided to go downstairs to the bar for a drink after our meal-neither were open, lights off and shutters at the bar 4. Breakfast 6.30-9.30, went down at 8.50 am-tables not cleared, tables not set, they had to rapidly set table for four and then for others who came later. 5 Breakfast items had not been replenished, so choice limited 6 Friend said her scarmbled egg was bland and inedible. Don't what has happened but to go to a 5 rating to 3 is strange.

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

I just wanted to write a big thank you to everyone at Hollins hall for helping us to have the perfect wedding. Tanya, our wedding planner, was fantastic throughout the whole process, always being available to answer questions and her lovely down to earth attitude really put us at ease. She was very flexible and listened to all of our requests.

When the day arrived it was absolutely perfect- it ran smoothly and all the ideas that we discussed were completed perfectly. For this we we would like to thank Tanya and also our toastmaster Rob (I think?) who checked in on us throughout day - even organising for us to go in a golf cart to have photos by the viaduct!

Hollins hall really do know how to organise a perfect wedding and if you’re unsure if to book this hotel - just do it! You won’t be disappointed!

Trip type: Traveled with family