1,218 results
All reviews golf course marriott hotel play golf leisure facilities main restaurant leisure club two double beds lovely grounds golf break steam room evening meal wedding guests reception staff short break public areas poached eggs enjoyable stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We tried to get a hotel closer to the airport but they were all fully booked and I'm glad they were or we would not have found this beautiful luxury hotel at such a reasonable rate. The rooms were really nice, the bed was comfortable, the views from the hotel were excellent and the Zest Bar was a great place to hangout. The morning trip to the airport was quick and easy, 15-20 minutes at most. Would definitely use this hotel property again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2018

I don't like leaving not so great reviews until there's need for it. I had been bought a honeymoon gift from my mother for a one night stay at the hotel and 2 rounds of golf.
On the 1st day we played or were meant to play 18 holes of golf, golf is meant to be relaxing and peaceful but upon our visit we couldn't concentrate on the game properly because of the amount of green keepers that were cutting the grass right at the side of us at some point in front off us where we were meant to be teeing off. We understand they have a job to do but this was midday where as at other courses they do this early morning. We weren't best pleased as we had paid £30 for a buggy too.
We checked into the hotel which was quick then we were greeted with a family room with 2 double beds. We didn't really want this with it been our honeymoon stay but we just thought it's clean and spacious so just left it as it was.
We were booked in for a 3 course meal, mine was lovely but my husbands steak wasn't. He only ate half of it due to the fat content. They didn't charge the £5 supplement which we should have paid. We were OK with that.
We ordered 2 drinks and my husbands beer had a long blonde hair in it, that had to be sent back and a fresh one brought. We didn't really get an apology or anything knocked off for the drinks.
We had breakfast the next morning which was just warm which you'd expect from a buffet breakfast. It was OK but had better.
So all round the golf was spoilt for the 2 days due to greenkeepers, meals not so good and a hair in one of the beers. Could think of better places to stay for a short honeymoon break, it really did spoil the honeymoon break.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This was our hotel on a recent coach break in Yorkshire with Brookline Coaches of Ryarsh Kent
We could not have wished for a better place to stay - the staff were friendly and attentive, the rooms were spotless and to a very high standard- dining experience was great with excellent choice and quality of meals and the self service breakfast had just about everything you could ask for. Added to this the excellent facilities including a swimming pool and golf course with extensive grounds made our stay perfect and memorable - highly recommended

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a bit dreary. It used to be a Marriott but is now independent. The guest rooms /bathrooms feel old and outdated. The beds are not comfortable but the bedding is updated. The bathroom counter is a bad shade of pink.
There are two bars inside, they both close at 11pm. The restaurant inside is decent with a good selection of food, including an “award winning pot pie”.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank DLH02
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Do not stay at this hotel!!!
I was booked to stay at this hotel on my wedding night with 14 other rooms booked for the party. I changed my booking so I wanted to make sure that it was booked so I rang them and they couldn't find my booking, until we had been on the phone for 25 minutes!!! I then wanted to check that everyones rooms were booked so I called to check and was told that they cant talk to me about it, however my mum rang and they were happy to talk to her about everyones, including mine!!!!
I then checked in and everything seemed fine, no drinks were charged to my room on the first night and everything was fine. We then stayed the second night and I charged some drinks to the room and everything was fine. We checked out and I paid for the room and drinks. 2 days later I checked my bank and the charges had been removed along with another charge for £73!!!
I tried to call the venue and have only been able to leave a message, I have done this on multiple occasions now and not heard anything back. I have also tried calling the head office and there response "yea that sounds like theft you should call the police" no help beyond that.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family