“Relaxing, fabulous food”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toulouse, France
“Relaxing, fabulous food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with friends just before Easter, hotel was busy. Spa was really an excellent bonus. Staff were helpful and service was good. Just one downside was the long walk to our hotel room which was at the far side of the hotel. However, needed this to walk off the truly excellent 3 course meal offered as part of the Hotels Dinner, Bed and Breakfast option. Expected a limited menu, but the choice was great and the quality top rate....one of the better hotel meals I have experienced.

Will definately stay again when in the Ascot area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean D, Manager at Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back on your recent visit to the Berystede.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and took full advantage of the spa facilities we have.
I have passed on your comments to our food and beverage team and they are extremely happy that they were able to exceed your expectations with the selection, quality and service of the dishes we have to offer our guests.
I am sorry that you found the walk to your room to be long, but as you said it was welcomed after your enjoyable meal.
I do hope you will find the opportunity to return to visit us again in the very near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked two nights at the Macdonald through Secret Escapes. On the whole it was a very good experience. The food was excellent (who'd have thought ice cream with a starter would actually work?!) and reasonably priced. The service afforded by both the front-of-house and catering staff was brilliant. The room was very comfortable, clean and well stocked. The room service facilities were also impressive.

In addition to staying at the hotel, we both had a morning of spa treatments. Although a little pricey we were definitely in a state of relaxation afterwards. The outdoor hydrotherapy pool is an absolute must.

Our main concern was two-fold. Firstly, the hotel did not call us in advance to book us in for our free three-course dinners (as part of the Secret Escapes deal) and therefore both nights we had to eat at 9:30pm. Not a catastrophe, but we certainly would not have picked that time given the choice.

Secondly, we did not sleep anywhere near as well as we could have done. The rooms on the ground floor have very thin walls and the the corridor outside gets extremely loud, especially with kids running around and people talking loudly. Unless your room is upstairs, there is absolutely no chance of a lie-in.

Notwithstanding those two gripes, it was an excellent weekend away. I would certainly recommend it!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not on the ground floor!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving feed back on your recent stay with us here at the Berystede Hotel.
I am sorry that you were not able to have dinner at the time you would have preferred, we do automatically make a table reservation for all of our dinner, bed and breakfast guests when we receive the online accommodation booking to ensure a table is available.
We have now added a request on to the secret escapes web site asking the guest to contact the hotel to reserve a suitable time.
I have taken on board your feed back about the thin walls and we will certainly look in to this and take action where we can to enable our guests to get a relaxing long lie in.
I have passed on your comments to the chef about the ice cream, he is pleased that you enjoyed it, it is quite surprising but it as you said it works.

Once again thank you for your feed back and i do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The lobby is typical of a decent english country inn with fireplaces, vintage furniture and old paintings of long gone gentry. And of course plenty of horse race memorabilia in case you forgot you are staying in Ascot. The staff is friendly. I found the price quite reasonable compared to London. Since I was single that day I had dinner in the pub rather than in the formal dining room. The menu is limited there but OK for a quick meal. I'd recommend this place to my friends. The place may be booked on race week-ends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back on your recent stay here at the Macdonald Berystede Hotel.
I am pleased that you the staff to be friendly and the hotel suited your needs during your stay.
As you said we are a very popular venue during racing at Ascot but are proud to be able to look after race goers and those that just wish to relax in the spa or take in the historic and beautiful area we are in.
I do hope you will be able to revisit us again if the opportunity arises when you return to the UK.

Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked a night away for me and my fiancee through Secret Escapes. Offer included a 3 course meal in the evening and breakfast.
Upon arrival I was informed that the hotel had fully booked out the restaurant for the entire evening therefore we would be unable to enjoy the 3 course meal.
Hotel claimed that they had phoned guests ahead of time to warn them of the situation but we never received a call and overheard this poor excuse given to the couple in front of us so they clearly failed to make the calls.
The only alternatives offered were to have the meal in the bar or in our room.
I did not take my fiancee away to have a 3 course meal in the bedroom on a small coffee table!
We therefore had to drive to one of the local villages to have dinner. I would recommend Casa Nova in Virginia Water as we had a lovely meal there instead.
The room was also too hot during the night.
Hotel was generally well-kept and the majority of the staff were polite. Grounds are beautiful and I can imagine it would provide very pretty walks in the Summer.
However we left the hotel feeling let down by the poor customer service at check-in and the lack of options available to us regarding the evening meal.
Will not be returning there nor recommending it to others.

Room Tip: We had the Classic room. Generally quite small but sufficient for a few nights stay.
1 Thank Ben F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give feed back on your recent visit to us here at the Berystede Hotel.
I am sincerly sorry you were not able to dine in the restaurant on the evening of your stay, it was an exceptionally busy night and unusually the majority of our residents booked to eat in the restaurant, as my reception team said we did indeed attempt to contact those guests that had booked on dinner, bed and breakfast rate to request what time they wished to eat but unfortunately as you mentioned we were not able to reach everyone.
This does not happen normally, although we have a busy restaurant we are able to accommodate our guests needs and once again please except my apologies for on this occasion not being able to.

Operations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sunninghill hotels

Dereham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very good first impression nice hotel and friendly staff! Slightly disappointed with size of standard room as quite small although very well presented, comfortable and well equipped!! We stayed dinner, bed and breakfast and the food was excellent - great choice and staff helpful, even decorated desert plate with happy birthday message !!! Would stay again but probably book larger room.

2 Thank MattandZoeRyder
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feed back from your recent visit to us here at the Berystede Hotel.
I am sorry you found your room to be on the small side, we have a wide selection of rooms ranging from our classics rooms to suits, these obviously range in size also.
I am pleased that you found our food and service to excellent and that you received the birthday plate we often do as a little surprise and delight.
Once again thank you for your feed back and i do hope we have the opportunaty to welcome you back in the near future.

Rutland
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Just spent three nights here attending a conference, the staff can't do enough to help and the food is excellent. I stayed in a suite just off reception, very comfy. Would definitely recommend this venue.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving feed back on your recent stay, i am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be helpfull and accommodating.
Our chef wishes to pass on his thanks for your kind words about his food, he does work very hard to ensure the dishes he prepares with his team are enjoyable.
I do hope that next time you will be able to return and enjoy a more sociable visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I been to this SPA about 3 times and going again easter wkd. Its a very relaxing place and great staff too. Massages were good although staff do like to chit chat as they are doing the treatment which can put some people off.
Facilities are good, changing rooms clean, relaxing room nice and chilled with water and flavoured teas, steam rooms good and include a salt room and an ice room for the brave ones.
Highlight is the outdoor hydropool! Amazing!

If you go for the spa day a healthy 2 course lunch and robe/slippers are included too although not sure if the offer is still on.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank unicorn82
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to the Berystede Spa.
I am pleased that you found it to be the relaxing haven that we hope for.
I have passed on your comments to the team and they are very much appreciated, there were a few blushes to the chit chat comments but were obviously taken on board.
I do hope you will be able to return in the near future and have a similar relaxing experience.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunninghill
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hilton Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
#5 of 7 in Bracknell
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!