I stayed for a couple of nights.
On the plus side, the health club and spa is lovely. There is a reasonable sized swimming pool, a really nice outdoor jacuzzi, a sauna, two steam rooms and an cold room. I didn't use the gym. The grounds are really nice, with plenty of space to wander about.
I had booked a room for £120 and this was in the 1970s block. It had a weak WiFi signal, but was otherwise fine. You can drive around and park nearby, rather than lugging your bags from the car park near reception.
I was less pleased with the service. I had breakfast on one day. There were quite a lot of staff in the room, but it took 20 minutes get a coffee and cooked breakfast, and when it came out, the baked beans had a dried crust on the top.
I then checked out. I was the only one at the desk, but the one receptionist was doing something else for a minute. The car park has a gate which is locked, and you need a key code to get out. I wasn't given this code when I checked out, and then they didn't answer the buzzer on the intercom near the gate. I had to park my car away from the gate and go back into reception. I had paid for the room in advance, but they had taken a £150 charge on my credit card in case of bills on the mini bar and room service. They didn't refund this charge until I chased them up about it a week later. It then took another week before the refund went onto my credit card.
I wouldn't mind too much with any one of these problems on their own, but all together, they left a sour taste. Its not a cheap hotel. They should have more reception staff at 8.45am, and the ones that they do have should be more careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa in Ascot is a beautiful, accessible, four-star hotel near Windsor which is surrounded by amazing landscaped gardens. Ideal for accommodation during Royal Ascot, the hotel is the closest four-star hotel to Ascot Racecourse. Access to Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa is easy from nearby London Heathrow Airport and the facilities are designed to appeal to both business and leisure guests alike. Short break visitors to the area will find the hotel a short distance from popular attractions such as Legoland, Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle and Wentworth Golf Course. And following a day of adventure, back at the hotel, there is a state-of-the-art thermal spa with six spa treatment rooms, an 18-metre swimming pool, rock and infra red saunas and an outdoor hydropool. Perfect for resting weary legs. Our AA-rosette award-winning Hyperion Restaurant serves a range of contemporary English and European cuisine, carefully crafted dishes using the finest quality, wholesome ingredients. Sit back, relax and let us cook up a delight for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel Sunninghill
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Berystede Ascot