“Mr”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Sandy M
“Mr”
Reviewed November 9, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Just got back form the Villa Vidorra and was sad to leave. Had an amazing time, from the Mole on the 1st night we arrived. To the amazing fruit platters,best pancakes ever, we all swear the eggs and chicken are better there. Down to the bacon and the OJ. Not to mention all the amazing meals in between. The breakfast nachos as we called them they are ( chilaquiles) they are a must so are the fish tacos. We also had the lobster and rib eye. Manuel and his chefs are amazing. Don't leave without having his secret sauce it is orange but the green one is great too. The grouper was so good. Hard to pick a favorite. Now for Louis the amazing bartender and I can say amazing cause I live in Vegas haha. Just tell him what you do and don't like and you will have some of the best drinks ever. A must try is the chocolate banana milk shake yes it is for grown ups. I don't like Strawberry but heard he did a Strawberry slushy drink that was awesome. He did me a vanilla version that was great. He makes extra and puts pitchers in the freezer before they leave around 7, I think it was. Now for the house keepers they come clean and do your bedrooms and bathrooms daily just like a hotel. Very nice staff. I recommend the massages. They have a guy the rakes the beach every day it makes the sand easier to walk on. They come and clean the grounds and the pool as well. You should bring water shoes the ocean has little rocks and coral so it hurts your feet a little if you don't. The beach and the pool is amazing they have hammocks, day beds and lounge chairs. Kayaks, snorkeling gear and stand up paddle boards. The pictures do not do this place justice.

Date of stay: November 2015
Teri M
Napa Valley, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 2, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Oh my, Beautiful Villa (check), great staff (check), best food (check), Bartender wonderful (check), amazing sunsets (check), The owner Chuck is great. The Villa was an amazing surprise. It looks as great in person as it did on line. The backyard with the pool and the beach is wonderful. Best trip we have had in 10 years. My son, daughter and her boyfriend had the best time ever. Snorkling, kayaking, paddle boarding, sleeping in the hamacks in between the coconut trees. Thank you so much to the Owner and staff of the Villa Vidorra!!!!

Liked best: The whole thing
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Debbie H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Looking for the vacation of a lifetime? Look no more - stay at Villa Vidorra.”
Reviewed October 13, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We were a group of nine adults, aged 55 - 73, widely traveled and in search of a luxury villa that would afford some much needed relaxation (and some fun, too!). We found it at Villa Vidorra. The home is designed to perfection, with beautiful stone work, bovidas, furnishings and lighting. One of our group is a designer, while two others are home builders. They were very impressed with the overall design of the villa, the expert craftsmanship and attention to every detail. The owners, Chris and Barbara, did an amazing job building the villa. There are three large gathering rooms inside the home and a gorgeous outdoor lounging area at the pool, as well as plenty of comfortable seating and outdoor beds for an afternoon poolside or waterside siesta.
Everyone loved the setting on Soliman Bay. It is removed from the hustle and bustle of the resorts, but still only a 15 minute drive to the Tulum Ruins or to Akumal Bay where the sea turtles abound. It was great to go snorkel with the turtles, see the coral reefs and shop a bit, knowing we would return to the peacefulness and privacy of Villa Vidorra. We drove 45 minutes into Playa del Carmen one day to shop the 35 blocks of Fifth Avenue - such fun! Another day we took an excursion with Riviera Adventours, owned and operated by the delightful Virginia. Again, we never drove more than 20 minutes to get to their preferred snorkel sight, their breathtaking privately-owned cenote and the ziplining over a gorgeous lake. The location was perfect for us, very convenient, and we always felt safe.
Chris and Barbara were wonderful to work with. Barbara was most gracious and accommodating, even when there were last minute changes (sorry, Barbara!). Chris was there to greet us when we arrived and checked in on us several times during our stay to make sure everything was going perfectly. The staff was nothing short of spectacular! Everyone was genuinely kind, very friendly and extremely talented. All of the meals were fabulous (thanks, Chef Manuel, Carlos and Roberto!), and we were never left wanting for anything to eat or drink (Luis is bartender extraordinaire!). We celebrated two birthdays and an anniversary while there and were treated to delicious lobster and filets and one of the best cakes we've ever eaten. Barbara arranged for a flamenco dancer and guitarist for the big night - again, what a treat.
Our group is very active and was most appreciative of having good paddle boards and kayaks to use. It was great to be able to explore the area by water and to be able to get to see puffer fish, stingrays and other tropical fish after paddling out a ways.
This is truly a special place. We started planning our next trip to Villa Vidorra before we left. I can see this being an annual event for all of us, or for at least as long as we can all still zip line :D

Your age range 50-64
ANDY1MEAD...
Atlanta, Georgia
“The best place we have ever stayed on vacation.....”
Reviewed October 13, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My wife Debbie and I along with seven adult friends stayed for a week at Villa Vidorra (October 3rd through October 10th, 2015). We all would eagerly return tomorrow and are in fact planning our next trip to Villa Vidorra! The Villa is unbelievably beautiful and accommodates up to 16 people easily. We had nine adults and the Villa worked perfectly. It is new and so beautifully appointed. The staff is friendly and the food is awesome. The cost is extremely reasonable. Chris Jones (the owner) dropped by and made the trip extra special. I have nothing but high praise for Villa Vidorra and would unconditionally recommend it to anyone. It is located on world class Soliman Bay near Tulum, Mexico. Villa Vidorra is a world class villa located on a calm, peaceful Caribbean bay that anyone would enjoy. We will return as often as possible.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Fabulous villa with unreal furniture and fixtures. Staff and food first rate. Location also awesome!
Liked least: No complaints whatsoever....
Your age range 65+
memphis
“My favorite rental-ever”
Reviewed July 13, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We just returned from Villa Vidorra. I travelled with my husband, daughter, son in law, their two children (aged 2 and 4), and two girl friends.
Upon arrival, we were met by the Villa owners. They explained all the comforts available, and introduced us to the staff. During our stay, we were fortunate to have a group of five wonderful professional people there to make our stay perfect in every way. There was the chef, Manuel (a real chef, not just a cook), an assistant chef, a bartender Luis (who did all sorts of things, not just prepare drinks), a gardener/handyman, Ricardo, and his wife, Susie, the housekeeper.
I can not emphasize enough, how terrific the staff was, and how they worked twelve hours a day to make our stay memorable. First, the food they prepared was fresh, fabulous, and beautifully presented. The breakfast fruit platter was a work of art, and our cameras were always brought out to record their beauty. Every evening after dinner, I would meet with Manuel to pay for the food, we had eaten that day, and plan the menus for the next. One thing the staff did at Villa Vidorra, which I never had the luxury of before, is they did all the food shopping, and brought fresh provisions daily. This saved valuable vacation time, because we did not have to go to the grocery.
In retrospect, I wish I would have asked Manuel to prepare fish every night. He made the best lightest fish dishes I have ever enjoyed. Manuel's uncle is a fisherman, and when we wanted lobster for dinner, I gave Manuel two day's notice, and his uncle provided. Not inexpensive, but definitely worth it. There was always fresh guacamole, a variety of salsas, and homemade tortillas chips. Oh, lest I forget, the cerviche is a must. We had it twice for a light lunch. Our little grandchildren will eat almost everything. But, sometimes, they made them a special dish, like a quesadilla, if they thought the adult food might be pushing the kids. Speaking of the children, every morning around eleven, they would ask Luis for their snack, a virgin pina colada. He would make two little glasses, and they would feel so very special. If they asked before eleven, he would tell them, they had to drink water, till eleven.
The staff were all wonderful with the children, and seemed to sincerely enjoy having them there.
The staff arrives around 7:30, and leave after dinner, around seven. I wish we could have eaten a little later, but I can understand, that is a long day for them, and would like a little time with their families.
Villa Vidorra is exactly as pictured. It was extremely hot while we were there, and only the bedrooms are air conditioned. This is universal, in Mexican rental homes. I do wish there had been more and stronger fans. However, it is not a problem in cooler months, when the cool breeze blows through the doors and windows. The upside of the weather was that the pool, and ocean, were warm, and easily enjoyed.
Seaweed. The Mexican coast has been inundated with seaweed. It is a huge problem in many areas. Villa Vidorra is on the northern portion of Soliman Bay, and seaweed was there, but not so bad that it smelled or hindered our enjoyment of the ocean. As you walk south on the Bay, it gets a lot worse. Ricardo raked the beach every morning. There is a bed of seaweed in front of the house, but also a sandy path through the water, that can be used to avoid it. We would use the path to go into the ocean to snorkel or float. The Bay, in front of the Villa, is very shallow, and it is easy for everyone to walk into the sea. As has been mentioned in prior reviews, it is good to take water shoes, to avoid stepping on uncomfortable coral.
Extras__We had massages while we stayed, and they were done in the upstairs area, where you could feel the ocean breezes, and hear the birds and waves, heavenly. My daughter went on a two tank dive, where she had a private dive master, and thoroughly enjoyed. My two friends went on a tour, arranged through the homeowner, to the Coba ruins, and were very pleased. Sometimes, we asked Susie to wash some clothes, which she gathered in the morning, and returned in the afternoon. BTW, all you need to pack are shorts, shirts, flip flops, water shoes, and bathing suits.
Every one was reluctant to leave the fabulous home, so, for the most part, we didn't. I am so glad we did not go out to eat. I am sure Manuel's cooking would surpass any other options. Villa Vidorra is such an incredible experience, we wanted to enjoy every moment there.

Date of stay: July 2015
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
David W
New York City, New York
“Echoing the other reviews, a vacation at this villa is absolute perfection.”
Reviewed June 10, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

It's going to be hard to say something positive that hasn't already been said about this house, but I'm certainly going to try. My friends and I have been doing large vacations for around a decade now with each one trying to out-do the previous one. Two years ago we rented a private home on Isla Mujeres which we thought would be hard to beat. Villa Vidorra was leagues better than the trips we've done before.

What made this trip so stellar? It was a perfect combination of an impeccable setting and the team of staff and owners that will do whatever it takes to make sure you have a flawless vacation. Let's start with the location. Villa Vidorra seemed to be a little off the beaten path at first but it couldn't be in a better spot. Solomon bay is a shallow calm bay absolutely teeming with life. I spent days snorkeling, paddle boarding, and kayaking the pristine, calm, clear water and saw new sights every day. I saw sea turtles, eels, tropical fish, and rays. When you get tired of swimming, you can relax on the beach or nap in the small palm grove that separates the house from the beach and is sprinkled with hammocks and day beds. Should you make the hard decision to leave the house for a day the house is within 10 minutes of the best kinds of adventures. Tulum is close with gorgeous ocean-side ruins and small shops and restaurants and the whole area is pockmarked with cenotes of different kinds for fresh water snorkeling and cave swimming (if you don't know what a cenote is, look it up!). Playa del Carmen is about 30 minutes north and is full of anything else you'd want to do. A little further out is Coba, 45 minutes away for those of you who want to climb the largest Mayan pyramid you're allowed to climb.

Now with the location being covered, the reason it was so hard to enjoy the great area surrounding the house is because the staff will treat you so well you'll never want to leave! We were greeted by the owners and the staff who had a freshly made drink in hand for each of us. We were given a brief tour of the property and then asked what else they could help with. The owners have a full library of providers for any service you can think of. They had tour guides, boat captains, masseuses, etc. From the start they acted as our own personal concierges to ensure our stay was perfect. Then, the on-site staff took over. The chef and his assistant sat down with me every evening to talk about the menu for the next day. All our requests were done with an immaculate flair that had us not wanting to leave the table. The real stars of the show were the meals where we gave him free reign to make whatever he wanted. Trust him, he's a professional for a reason and will not disappoint you. I love exploring local restaurants but could hardly pull myself away from their cooking to try other places which I don't feel bad about that at all! Lastly, words cannot describe how fantastic it is to have a private bartender to serve your group. He cranked out all of our requests with both quality and speed. He helped us procure our highly desired Extra Anejo tequilas too. If anything was missing, they would make sure the gap was filled by the next morning. We even gave him a radio so we could call drink orders in from the beach but it was hardly necessary because we were frequently checked on.

In closing this was an unforgettable vacation for the 13 of us. We all stayed happy and healthy and left completely stunned at what a success this trip was. I only hope we have the opportunity to return sooner than later.

Date of stay: June 2015
Liked best: The staff!
Liked least: That we had to leave
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Mika2808
Georgetown, Texas
“Great Luxury Property on the Beach”
Reviewed May 26, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed with two other families- total 6 adults and 6 children (oldest 4.5 yrs and youngest 21 months). There was great flexibility with the kids. They provided us 2 pack 'n plays and 2 highchairs. The staff also accommodated the kids with the food and drinks (their favorite were the smoothies). We did have to bring small forks and spoons for the youngest ones, along with sippy cups.
The location was fantastic on the beach. Umbrellas and chairs for lounging. They also had snorkeling, kayaks and paddle boards for fun. Ricardo came every morning to clean the pool and rake the sand.
The staff was fantastic! Always available to make what we wanted or get any drink. The kids loved visiting with the staff, and even learned some Spanish. The desserts weren't as good as the other food, except for the flan.
The main house is not air conditioned, but all bedrooms have AC. We would leave the doors and windows open all day to keep it as cool as possible.
The wifi is great and works all the way out to the beach.
A nanny was avail for hire if needed to watch the kids so the adults could relax more.
A few of us booked massages at the house, and these were also very good and professional.

Date of stay: May 2015
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing