“Single Snorkeler's Paradise, Home away from Home.”
other travelers have booked this property
Nah Uxibal beach hammock at sunset
Nah Uxibal as seen from the water with studios on lower floor of Villa Studio King Bed with private terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Nah Uxibal beach hammock at sunset
Nah Uxibal as seen from the water with studios on lower floor of Villa
Studio King Bed with private terrace
Sunrise at Nah Uxibal
Studio Kitchenette
Villa Uxibal with studios and open lobby on bottom levelelow
Nah Uxibal on Beautiful Soliman Bay
Central Open sitting area with Studio on either side
Studio KIN front door from Central sitting area
Entrance to Central Area from beach side with Studios on either side
Uxibal Swimming Pool & BBQ
Nah Uxibal Villa with Studios and sitting area on lower floor
Pathway to studios
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SuzannaF...
Canton, Ohio
“Single Snorkeler's Paradise, Home away from Home.”
Reviewed February 8, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

The Studio at Nah Uxibal is my new home away from home. It is beautifully built, with great attention to detail: comfortable bed, great towels and linens, and a REALLY well-equipped kitchen, with a blender, coffee maker, coffee grinder, tea kettle, stainless cookware, sharp knives, full stove and fridge. And like coming to a family home, there were condiments on the door of the fridge left by previous tenants, so no need to buy salad dressing, mayo, salsa, or syrup! And milk. juice, eggs and flour tortillas are provided, so that one needn't shop right away.

I stocked up at nearby Chedraui (sort of a Mexican Walmart) where they have a good selection of food, and hosted lunch and snorkeling for four family members staying in near-by Tulum. There is also the San Francisco Market about 10 minutes away, and a tiny convenience store called "The Bob" a short walk away. They have some essentials, soft drinks, staples, libations, and such things as a few cake mixes, should you feel like using the oven.

Soliman Bay is shallow and protected. Even with higher winds and waves I was able to swim every day. There are two reefs close to shore where a five foot five inch person can always touch bottom, so I could snorkel safely by myself. And in between the reefs there are many isolated rocks, each with its own community of sea life. There is lots to see close to shore, especially at the northern end of the bay When the family visited we took kayaks out to the mouth of the bay where we tied them to the buoy out there, and explored the big reef as a group.

Nah Uxibal is an ideal place for people who treasure quiet and simplicity, and like to be able to feed themselves as well as eat out. Some of my fellow guests were returning happily for the 2nd-7th time! The wind off the water ensures great ventilation, and the wooden shutters allow one to adjust the indoor breezes quite precisely. If you can't handle humidity, this is not your place.

I enjoyed browsing the books in the lobby, and the wonderful service of caretakers Javier and Victoria. They are totally helpful, charming, and welcoming. I hope to return many times, and bring family and friends to enjoy this paradise with me.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The setting, the homey accommodations, the responsive caretakers.
Liked least: One night when other guests with small children were up late and making noise right over me. They did settle down eventually.
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
rubicon
Forestville, California
“Stunning Casa on the Bay”
Reviewed April 25, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I have heard about Nah Uxibal from friends who stay there but I was completely "blown away" at both the property and the location. Truly a wonderful place right on Soliman Bay. Jeannett, the co owner of Nah Uxibal was very informative and showed extreme patience with all my questions. We had the house to ourselves for 3 days then our wedding party joined us for 3 more. The place absorbed the extra 12 folks (including kids) very easy and no one felt cramped. I would highly recommend Nah Uxibal for couples, family's or a group of friends.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location the house
Liked least: invasive sea weed found through out the region, not a problem
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oskari_Mi...
Los Angeles, California
“I do not want to write a review of this place...”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

… it's such wonderful place I don't want more people to find out about it, but the experience was so outstanding I must do it as a personal "thank you" to my hosts and because it truly deserves it!
our stay at Nah Uxibal was more than perfect! I had planned several activities beforehand that I ended up not caring for since we decided to enjoy our "Caribbean home" fully, Javier and his family are absolutely wonderful. I can say that I always like to experience different places and I've never repeated vacation spots, until now, I'm already looking at dates to go back to such perfect place.

Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Boston
Reviewed February 20, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Forestville CA
Reviewed November 10, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Sonoma
Reviewed November 8, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing