My husband and I stayed at Nah Uxibal in the HA casita for 5 days around Christmas. It was absolutely the greatest! We loved everything about it. Some things of note:
1. The dogs..... were so friendly but not pesky and very clean. It seemed like they knew when they were going to overstay their welcome and promptly found someone else to entertain. It was nice to have them around - plus they patrolled the area...
2. All the little extra things..... The refrigerator was stocked w/eggs, milk, tortillas, and juice. One thing to make sure - look at all the items that have been "left behind" so that you don't duplicate when you go to the market. Plus the CD player, extra blankets for naps in the hammock, maps, and kayaks were much appreciated.
3. Javier and Victoria - the caretakers were wonderfully accomodating - i.e. helping us carry our groceries back to the casita when we got back from the market. The grounds are kept meticulously clean - Javier was up before dawn raking the beach.
4. The snorkeling - you could kayak out to the reef and tie off to the buoy. After kayaking out - I was actually too chicken to venture any further than close to where the kayak was (I know I'm a baby) BUT.... snorkeling closer to shore in the bay was great too! I had an encounter w/ an octopus who was as startled as I - and he shot some ink at me.
We rented a car and just did things at our own pace... Soliman Bay is definitely the best vacation I have ever had .... as well as Nah Uxibal.... I hope to come back often!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come relax in a hammock, listen to the sea, feel the warm breeze and the soft white sand between your toes. Let the beauty and magic of the Maya Riviera sink deep into your bones, restoring your energy and your love of life. Great for your honeymoon, anniversary, or just celebrating life together as a couple or as a family Nah Uxibal can prvide just the right accomodations for a perfect vacation. Right on the water in the romantic beachfront casitas with thier magnificent views. The front decks are a perfect place to sip a margarita, watch the sunrise or hang out in the hammock with a good book. Larger groups can enjoy tbe Main House, with it's large outside terrace, beautiful views, and spacious rooms all under a gorgeous 35ft high round palapa roof. You may rent the just number of bedrooms you need, from 2 to 7, all with king beds, private baths and ceiling fans. Come and enjoy Nah Uxibal, the snorkeling and the beach are incredible You will love it, everyone does! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Nah Uxibal Villa And Casitas Mexico/Soliman Bay