Hotel Jashita
Blue Sky Tulum(Soliman Bay)(Great Value!)
$125
$125
$113
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Jungle Secrets Riviera Maya(Chemuyil)(Great Value!)
$60
$48
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsplunge poolluxury boutique hotelsolomon bayprotected baytulum beachwaterfront suitefish carpacciosahara cafecoral reefprivate villahoneymoon suitehotel restauranthuevos rancherosget away from it allcolorful fishevery guestsnorkel equipment
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My Boyfriend and I spent 7 nights at Hotel Jashita and we were very impressed. Upon arrival we were told that we would be upgraded to a larger room with a great balcony. I was really excited about this because I had called before we arrived to try and upgrade our room. They didn't have anything available at that time. When we arrived, Abigeal, the receptionist was so excited to tell us the news that they had an extra room available. The property is stunning and so relaxing.We were looking for something not too loud but in distance of Tulum. The snorkeling and kayaking is a great plus at the hotel. You have your own access to snorkel gear during your stay which we used in Cenotes off site. During most of the days we ventured out to see what Tulum had to offer. After all of our long adventurous days we came back to our peaceful spot and enjoyed the sunsets. The staff at Jashita could not have been nicer. Every single person there was so helpful and so kind. My Boyfriend and I are very interested in food and learned a lot from the staff about where to eat and what to eat around Tulum. The food at Jashita is good but it's not really authentic regional food. We enjoyed it though and ate there multiple times during our trip. The breakfast was the best part of our day. We sat there every morning wondering if we should even leave at all. I received a Mayan clay massage while I was there and this was just perfect. The massage room opens up to Soliman Bay. It was very peaceful. The hotel in itself was a great value. We got a discount for paying in cash for the room and all of our meals. If you are looking for a place to stay that has character and charm, this is your spot. We will never forget our Mexican friends we made at Jashita and hope to return back soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent 6 days and 5 nights at the Jashita hotel this past week. All we can say is it was wonderful!!!! The staff was extremely attentive, friendly, and professional. Rooms were immaculate. The massage room was beautiful and the masseuses extremely skilled. If you are looking for a quiet romantic getaway search no further. You have found your hotel. We cannot say enough. Thank you Jashita for a awesome vacation.

Mike & Christina

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Hotel Jashita really is a unique experience, unlike any other hotel. My wife and I stayed here for four nights in July 2012 for part of our honeymoon. We booked the Nefertiti room and it was amazing. The two decks were stunning. The view was better than we had even hoped for. The staff had a bottle of champagne waiting for us with chocolates when we arrived in our room. They also stood there watching us while we drank the champagne and ate the chocolates which was a little awkward.

The beach was as described below. We had water shoes which made all the difference in the world for ability to get around. The snorkeling was wonderful. We did not take advantage of as many of the water sports as some have.

The restaurant was very high quality. I'll note some service issues below, but taste and quantity of food was excellent. The restaurant was fairly pricey, but that is expected from a hotel of this caliber. The breakfast service was stellar every morning. Delicious and well staffed.

Now for the parts that were a bit disappointing:

1) Service - we found that the restaurant service varied from usually excellent to very disappointing. Unfortunately, our first night, we went down for dinner and sat away from the only other table there at the time, which I believe was one of the owners' families. My wife and I waited 20 minutes before even flagging someone down to place our drink orders. It was the first night there, so we didn't want to make an incident of it. On another night, they brought us the wrong change and it took several explanations and persons talking to to explain we had been shorted by approximately 80 pesos. They corrected it, but still, it was disappointing to have to be in business mode while on my honeymoon. Lastly, and this is quite subjective, but ordering drinks was a consistently awkward process. The bar was rarely staffed, and they almost seemed surprised that we wanted drinks directly from the bar to take up to the room or outside. On our honeymoon, I would expect not to be looked at strangely for having a beer in the afternoon.

2) Room - As mentioned, the room was gorgeous. However, it was very hot. We ran the A/C as low as it would go all the time, and it never got below the mid-80s. The sheets are some type of material that are very hot. I understand from previous postings and responses from the hotel that they are a very high quality and I'd agree, but they are very hot nonetheless. And we had similar incidents with lizards coming in through the unsealed roof as mentioned by one reviewer. Lastly, the mosquitoes were terrible. I understand the hotel cannot do much about this, but with the open air nature of the roof and the gaps between the walls and the roof, mosquitoes were everywhere. Our only solution was for me to "hunt" them every night before we went to sleep, by carefully searching our room and routinely killing 8-12 per night.

I understand it is eco-friendly, but uncomfortable is uncomfortable and when paying as much as we did, I'd expect to have a room without heat, lizards, and mosquitoes. But my wife and I wanted a boutique hotel away from the touristy areas of Tulum and Cancun, and we did get that.

Room Tip: Avoid the Nefertiti. It is gorgeous and grand, but that does not make up for the thatched roof and the resulting heat, lizards, and mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank savathboro
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The Jashita is hands down one of my favorite hotels in the world. The location is beyond beautiful....the rooms are well appointed and maintained wonderfully....the beach is powder white sand and the water is a warm turquoise.....so relaxing and picturesque. But above and beyond all of that the owners and the staff make the stay effortless, exciting, and satisfying....a wonderful Italian family who are always smiling...always taking care of their guests. A wedding...a relaxing weekend....a week in the sun....this is the place. I give the Jashita an A+.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm apprehensive to write about the perfection of this spot because I want to keep it all to myself. This is the ideal spot for anyone looking to truly unwind, but feels uncomfortable fully disconnecting. Jashita had just the right balance between unfettered beach experience and accomodations. The aeshetic is modern and peaceful. The location is on an idyllic quiet strip of perfect blues that never cease to delight the eye and mind. I found no reason to leave for the entire duration of 3 nights I was here which allowed for the perfect restorative relaxing dose of a quiet Mexico with some Italian flare.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends