“Amazing 40th Birthday Party for 40 friends!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JenZazie
San Francisco, California
“Amazing 40th Birthday Party for 40 friends!”
Reviewed March 13, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

I've just returned from an incredible week at Casa Yardena and simply have to rave about the experience! The house is lovely and the staff is priceless- our chef, Carlos, was incredibly accommodating and talented. I own a restaurant and had stressed that I wanted Mexican, local cuisine; I was a little nervous about the hamburgers and french fries mentioned on the menu possibilities. Carlos took that and ran with it, making us some of the best Mayan dishes I've ever had- panuchos, ceviche, everything. He even gave me a block of the classic Mayan spice rub Achiote with the kind words, "from my kitchen to yours." My group of friends was pretty rowdy, but the staff handled us with grace and laughter.

The owners of the Villa are apparently a French couple, and it shows- it's very stylish and well designed, if a bit dated. I went to see their newest property, Hacienda Caracol, a few doors down- it's just been completed this month. Yardena felt a little "used" in comparison to Hacienda Caracol (which is a shockingly luxurious property) but I like the lush, jungle like entrance to Yardena better and the pool area is a little more user friendly. The kitchen at Yardena was under-stocked in glassware/ plates/ silverware, and there were signs that the house has been heavily used (some a/c issues, freezer problems, little repair problems that were promptly dealt with by the staff but nonetheless signs of wear). I'm definitely taking Hacienda Caracol next time I go down there, but Yardena was still a fabulous experience!

Luxuryretreats.com staff were also fabulous in helping me plan my trip- they helped arrange for daily masseurs for my guests, a tarot card reader, fire flinging dance troupe, salsa and mariachi bands, everything I needed to celebrate in style. I will definitely work with them again, but only if they promise me Carlos as my chef :)

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with young children Tourists
Mar 12, 2011
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments :) The staff loved your group!! :) Carlos sends warm hugs and kisses.
san francisco
Reviewed March 2, 2011 for a stay in March 2010

Your age range 35-44
Mar 2, 2011
Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments!
clp123
Austin, Texas
“Great house, great location, great staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2011 for a stay in January 2011
person found this review helpful

My stepfather rented Casa Yardena for the last week of Janaury 2011 to celebrate his 70th birthday with friends and family. We have 19 people - 13 adults and 6 kids aged 3 - 10. The house accomodated our group easily, and I recommend it. Our group barely left the house, and I think we were all fine with that. It's so nice, and the pool and the beach are right there, so there's almost no reason to leave.

The house was always clean and well kept. The staff was very nice, helpful when you needed them, and unobstrusive when you did not need them. Need a taxi, a chartered fishing boat, etc? They can help point you in the right direction. We had a couple of spanish speakers in our group, so that probably helped our communication, but I think a group who spoke no spanish would still get all the help they need. Chef Carlos and his assistants cooked up plenty of yummy local food - I could eat a bowl of his ceviche every day. Note that the chef is happy to cook something extra for the kids if the main dish is not something the kids like. (We had a few picky kid eaters.) Also, he can accomodate vegetarians, as we had a few in our group. The final food bill at the end of the week, including tips and alcohol, was divided by the 13 adults and still came to just under $200 per adult. Try doing that at a resort.

Security seemed very good, with a crew of security guards that provided security up and down the beach to all the houses, and one of them was stationed right at our house every night. They also keep an eye on who comes down the single road that serves Casa Yardena and the other rental houses on that beach, as you have to drive past the guardshack to get to the houses. I never felt unsafe while at Casa Yardena.

The beach is very nice. San is perfect, and raked every morning. Plenty of coconut trees for shade. (Chop open a green coconut for fresh coconut water - yum. The house has a mchete you can use.) There is some sea grass at the entrace to the water, but that didn't really bother anyone. Kayaking around the bay is great, and the reef across the mouth of the bay keeps wave action to a minimum so it is ok for young ones and those who aren't strong swimmers - there is no shore break or undertow to speak of. Kayak out to the second bouy directly in front of the house and tie off/ anchor there for some great snorkeling. Averages about 8 - 10 feet deep at that point. Generally sandy bottom with large coral heads spaced around. Great plant life, abundant fish, and occasionally a turtle or manta ray. Note: we brought our snorkel gear; not sure if the house had any gear or what its condition was.

I would rate the house as perfect, except for a few small things that could easily be fixed. Some of the recreational equipment has seen some wear and tear and just needs to be fixed/replaced. I.e., the ping pong table needs a little repair (net wouldn't stay up), and while there are four or five kayaks (four doubles and a single, if I recall correctly), there are only 4 paddles - there really should be two paddles for each double kayak and one for the single kayak. And of those four paddles, three are in bad shape, as they don't latch together or they have tons of rust that gets all over you. Also, there are ropes hanging from the palapa where hammocks once hung, but the hammocks are gone. Like I said, there are really small things that could be fixed for a small price, and none of them were deal breakers or major issues. But considering the rental price for the house, I'd really recommend that management keep an eye on things like this.

As for getting there, I would definitely consider taking a shuttle. Rent a car down in Akumal if you need one for a day or two. You won't need one all that often, you can avoid driving the freeway and having to deal with police enforcing the ridiculous speed limits (40 km/hour on a freeway - really?), and your rental in Akumal will be cheaper - there is apparently about a 15 - 20 % extra tax at Cancun airport because it's a federal installation. We rented cars at the jacked up price at the airport, and they sat at the house for most of the week. On the way back to the airport, I was pulled over (about 20 meters from the airport exit) by the local policia, who promptly shook me down for a bribe. Bummer of a way to finish the vacation.

Overall, I definitely can recommend Casa Yardena for a large group. Have fun!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Feb 2, 2011
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments. The staff doesnt stop talking about how wonderful it was to serve your group! (Especially Carlos the Chef!)

Concerning the few details you have mentioned that needs to be replaced, they will be done the first week of March.

We really appreciate your feedback and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay at our casa :)
RKumpf
Brooklyn, New York
“Fun with friends and family during my 50th birthday!”
Reviewed January 9, 2011 for a stay in August 2010

Stayed for a week from August 21st to 28th, 2010 for my 50th birthday. We were 20 friends and family, mix of adults and children (age 2 to 65). Everything was perfect! House was always well maintained, chef was great, staff was very friendly. We even forgot our cell phone chargers and they were mailed back to us!!

For my birthday, we had a group of Mexican singers and grilled food by the pool. I couldn't have asked for anything better!!!

Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Boston
Reviewed June 3, 2010 for a stay in July 2009

Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
IL
Reviewed April 13, 2010 for a stay in March 2010
person found this review helpful

Liked best: Teriffic House
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing