“Worth it all!”
Review of Oscar & Lalo

Oscar & Lalo
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Wonderful Palapa Restaurant since 1982 with a pebble floor, mayan sculptures, waterfalls, hammocks, exotic birds, a peaceful garden with a fantastic jungle setting. Excellent Seafood, Authentic Mexican and Yucatecan Cuisine. World Famous "Lalo's Special", a dish made with fresh shrimp, lobster, calmer, fish and chicken fajitas is Superb. The ceviche made of fresh fish, shrimp, lobster, octopuss and lemon is also exceptional. The most relaxing place to laze in a hammock after a delicious feast.
Milton, Wisconsin, United States
“Worth it all!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

There were 6 in our group. Oscar & Lalos was highly recommended by our bed & breakfast host - Casa del sol. Everything, our service, drinks, appetizers, meals and ambience was awesome and amazing! The food is fresh, real and delicious! The octopus ceviche is amazing! And I am not an "octopus" person...but I am also not a "sissy la la"! So I tried it, and absolutely loved it! Oscar & Lalos is worth every penny, although our group did not find it over-priced. It is also worth the little bit of a drive to enjoy the fine meal and beautiful setting. The owner, Virginia, was outgoing and fun to chat with! I will definately go back there on my next visit to Playa del Carmen! Don't be fooled if you should drive by - from the highway it isn't impressive....that is saved for the inside and the food! By far the BEST meal in Playa del Carmen!

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Since I had never been to this restaurant, I carefully reviewed the menu. I thought the prices were a little higher than the local places we had been going to, but our driver said it was worth the money. So, we stayed. I had the chile relleno and it was out of this world. Probably the best I have ever had. But that wasn't all. My daughter was treated with a special visit from Lala the spider monkey and she was able to spend some one-on-one time with her. This experience was well worth the extra $5-$10 we would have spent elsewhere. The staff and owners are wonderful. The decor is great. Stop by. I know I will be back.

• Visited August 2013
Cancun
“Good but not worth going out of your way for”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Pretty good food but food you can find at a lot of other locations along the coast and prices were high. They used to be on the beach where prices were justifiable but their new location in the highway doesn't equate with the prices.

Visited August 2013
Monroe, Washington
“Very nice!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We hired a driver for the day and asked him to show us some "must see" places around. He brought us to Oscar & Lalo's and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was tropical. A little dimly lit however but still nice. The service was very good as well as the food. I had the coconut prawns, small order, and they were delicious. My husband had queso with chorizo and he liked it so well that he ordered another and shared with the table. We had fresh lime margaritas and thoroughly enjoyed them.

We would go there again if ever in the area.

• Visited June 2013
La Habra, California
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Food was great, margarita's even better! The service was super friendly and Virginia (the owner) was exceptionally kind and opened up to us as if we were family. She introduced us to Lala her spider monkey, which was the highlight of my daughter's vacation, it made her day! Take the time to visit and dine there, you won't be disappointed! Thanks again Virginia, your friends from California :-)

• Visited July 2013