“Classic Diner food and more”

Fat Jack's Homestyle Diner and Pub
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Boston Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We tried a few of their dishes while in the area recently. First of all, a very nice space, bright and airy. Comfortable banquettes with an iconic view of the Transcanada Highway and towering mountains. Best. Coffee. Ever. Try the 12B Special. We had the classic steak sandwich - perfectly grilled steak on baguette. Delicious. Also had wings with BBQ sauce. Very good and they also offer a curry and teriyaki version. Everything is done with great care and top rate ingredients. One of the surprises was Turkey Salad plate. This was a knockout. Turkey thighs are grilled in a homemade teriyaki sauce and the salad has lotus root and a very tasty dressing. I hear the veggie burgers are good but we didn't have an opportunity to try these. Portions are generous. Prices are more "city style" but the quality, preparation and portions definitely make the meal a great value. If you're in the area, definitely worth a detour.

2  Thank Let_sEat123

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I came up to Boston Bar to the Mighty Fraser Motel and Fat Jack's diner for some r&r and I have been blown away by everything on their menu so far. The bennies are incredible with a delicious fresh hollandaise, and all of their meat is locally (BC) sourced. They just got a beautiful waffle maker and I had the best fried chicken and waffles I have ever had. I tried the veggie burger today and I can't stop thinking about the flavours. This is the kind of rare gem that you have to close your eyes for every bite. I would highly recommend coming up here. You will truly eat like a king and marvel in the gorgeous surroundings. Oh and if you like old fashioned juicy burgers, try this one. I am a burger snob and this took my breath away. Oh and the service is fantastic as well, a definite must.

2  Thank TheSupremeAdvisor
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stumbled on this place while travelling the #1 north of Hope. The food is wonderful and the service is like a friend is serving. They take pride in their food. The eggs benedict is to die for. Truly a fabulous place to stop for really good coffee and great food. I will save my appetite for out next drive thru the canyon!!

5  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The owner and chef of The Mighty Fraser Motel and Fat Jack's Diner used to run an exclusive supper club in Vancouver; the waiting list to taste his food was months long. Chef Todd now runs an expansive property in Boston Bar and - if you take the time to drive the picturesque Fraser Canyon - that level of food can be yours for a fraction of the price and no wait list at all!

We recently visited for a weekend getaway from Vancouver, staying in The Mighty Fraser Motel and enjoying a family-style Thanksgiving Dinner of epic proportions, and we highly recommend you do the same :)

Even if you're just passing through, take the time to stop and treat yourself to a great lunch, or at the very least a '12b coffee'... a double-pull espresso with steamed cream and demerara sugar. The canyon drive will definitely be enhanced!

2  Thank SYinc
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This restaurant opened 5 weeks ago and I was told by other people about the great tasting burgers this diner served.
I went for a mushroom burger with homestyle cut fries.
Fries where crispy and delicious, but the burger was the best one I have had in the area. The meat was seasoned great and mushrooms where flavourful.
I will definitive stop here next time Im driving by.

3  Thank Zarako