“Great shopping and good eats”
Review of The Pink Store

The Pink Store
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Palomas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Tienda de Artesanias y Restaurant Bar A colorful display of all things Mexican. Come enjoy the Flavors and Colors of Mexico in a Festive and Friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

When you walk in the Pink Store they greet you right away and ask you if you'd like something to drink. Margaritas are one of the free drinks offered. They are strong enough that you'll feel like you should eat in the restaurant to help you recover from the alcohol. The restaurant is great with food as good as any in the Deming area. Service is good and strolling musicians will serenade you at your table. A total experience worth going for.

2  Thank dqdick

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have gone a couple of years in a row now and love it. Its such a great place.....always walk out with bags and bags of goodies. The food is great and the margeritas...........lol gotta be careful there! I would definitely recommend everyone to see and experience the Pink store. Its a unique and fun place with a warm and friendly atmosphere.

3  Thank Leomichelle
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When you go to the Pink Store in Palomas, Mexico you see a lot of smiling faces and get the feel of old Mexico when you walk in the door to the sound of Mariachis of the Mariachi threesome. They go from table to table and take requests. The eating area is decorated with the same arts and crafts that you find in the retail part of their store. Sergio and Yvonne are great host and hostesses! and all of their help go out of their way to make you feel welcome! We love going to the Pink Store! You will too!!

2  Thank DrSeus
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I wanted to make a simple border crossing to enjoy some Mexican food and culture, but so many of the border cities have been plagued with violence and crime. I have watched Puerto Palomos online for almost a year and have not seen any reports of concern, so I decided to go for a visit while on a Southwest US road trip.

My passport was in hand when I crossed into Mexico. I had parked in a parking lot just inside the US side and left my car there to eliminate any delays. I walked through the Mexican side of customs and did not receive even a cursory exam. If I was supposed to go somewhere, I was never told, so I just walked dirctely to the Pink Store. It was about 100 yards from the entry station.

They open at 9am and I got there 30 mins. early, so I sat in the courtyard on the back side of the store and watched kids riding their bikes, shopkeepers opening up for the day, etc. It was a very pleasant and peaceful experience.

Once the store opened, it was time to shop. The owners were very helpful and had an excellent command of the english languge. I was very thankful for this, since my Mexican was very poor. All I had time for to eat was a couple of enchiladas, but they were very fresh and very tasty. I didn't see the kitchen, but I would be willing to bet everything was made fresh. All of the staff, both the store and the restaurant, were eager to be of service and were all very cordial and friendly.

If you want a safe, enjoyable visit across the border, this is the place!

5  Thank Bryan L
Reviewed September 4, 2013

the pink store is not just a restaurant - it is an experience that starts when you walk in the front door and are greeted by friendly employees offering you drinks, including wonderful margaritas in hand blown glasses. the store is stacked with beautiful handmade crafts including pottery, jewelry, furniture, glassware and much more. the restaurant is in the back part of the store and has great food, great service and mariachi music. i can't say enough about the excellent service and attention that shoppers and diners get!

2  Thank bawalker