“Good food, terrible service”
Review of Tandoori Flames

Tandoori Flames
Ranked #23 of 72 Restaurants in Coolum Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Coolum beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am a local and have eaten here on a number of occasions. The food is good, but flavours are inconsistent. The place it let down by poor staff, who do not have the ability to add a simple bill and have little if no waitressing experience. I did try to bring this to the managers attention, however is was too cowardly and weak willed to speak to me.

• Visited August 2013

Coolum Beach, Australia
“Good value takeaway”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Tasty food, great special with curries and naan. Not the best indian ever but tasty, affordable and generous. I continue to order here as do my friends.

Visited December 2012
Ulverstone, TAS
“Not so good dining experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I dined here on a Friday night. It was cold and raining outside and we were looking forward to some nice hot curry to warm us up. On arrival, we were seated at the front of the restaurant right next to the door. This restaurant obviously has a very good takeaway trade because people waiting on takeaway orders were lined up inside the restaurant, almost surrounding our table and virtually watching us eat. The service was good and the food was good too, but unfortunately, the dining experience ruined the night for us and we couldn't wait to leave. I don't begrudge restaurants having a takeaway trade, but I would expect they would look after their inhouse guests a bit better and try and separate the area for takeaway pick-ups so it is not so intruding to diners. We won't be going back.

• Visited June 2013
“Great ! yummy ! BYO”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Great tasty curry. Best in Coolum Beach. The usual curries are all there - butter chicken , etc. but try the eggplant & pumpkin curry. Exceptional !! All the breads are great - try the paswari nann (fruit & nuts) goes extremely well with a wonderful spicey curry. Great location, just a stroll from the esplanade. The locals love it & visitors will too.

Visited April 2013
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Fantastic curry.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had a vegetarian and a butter chicken curry. They were beautiful. Best curries I have had for a long time. Reasonable price as well.

• Visited April 2013