“Would have been better if yogurt machine working”
Review of Gelato Mio

Gelato Mio
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Coolum Beach
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We liked the look of this little gelateria and tried several times to sample their frozen yogurt. However, their machine was not always working and the staff had little knowledge of how to fix it. On the last night we did finally get to sample it and it was indeed very good (sweetened with agave instead of sugar)

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Pistachio gelato was delicious and it was served with a very big smile. Nice!!!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Whether its sunshine or rain, early or late,,,its THE BEST STOP IN COOLUM!!! A zillion flavors made by true Italians that know what they're doing! Its a wonderful clean comfortable shop with tables that you can sit and enjoy your gelato AND have a coffee! There's no rushin you out of their space. Wonderful staff, service, THE BEST GELATO IN THE WORLD! VERY WONDERFUL PRICES TOO! Worth every lick!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

First impression of Gelato Mio is a very clean and muched love business. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the outside sitting area as well as the inside shop. I couldn't wait to have a gelato from this place- all the locals I spoke with raved about this Gelato shop as being the best around! So many choices... Good thing they let you sample!

Staff were fantastic- helpful, looked nice and presentable! I finally made a choice from the selection of temptations, and felt like a kid again with my gelato in hand. I was amazed at the prices- wow- so reasonable!

As we sat down to enjoy our gelato at the tables, we were amazed at the groups of people lined up for their taste of what I would say is the best Gelato I have ever experienced. Each one of us in our group commented on how well the taste was exactly fitting to each of our orders.

I have been back a few times since my first visit. Each time I have had the same great taste bud dance in my mouth. The locals are right- it IS the place to go for a treat. I even took a takeaway container back to the resort for those that couldn't come with!

My favorites (so far) are: white chocolate, coconut, bubblegum, and of course wild berry. But, I will definitely be heading back for more. Make sure you stop here- your taste buds will love you for it!

1  Thank Buggaluggs239
Reviewed January 10, 2012

great ice cream flavours that are great after a hot morning in the surf.