“One evening meal”

Coolum Thai Spice
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Coolum Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are an outdoor dining establishment close to many popular outdoor restaurants on the main esplanade in Coolum Beach.This is our 14th year of serving locals and tourists delicious Thai food. We have undercover seating beside a garden area and in Winter, there is an enclosed area with heating for dining comfort. We invite you to dine with us and trust it will be a great experience.
Bowral, Australia
“One evening meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Lots to eat but enjoyed the local Bowling Club better. We possibly would not try it again.Meal took time to arrive.

Visited August 2012
Melinda S, Manager at Coolum Thai Spice, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Hello,
Just read of your dining experience and that you were not pleased about the satay sauce. As you say this sauce is made on site by the staff and there are many different styles and ingredients that individual restaurants use to make their own particular sauces. This is one of our more popular meals and the first time anyone disliked ours so I send my apologies it was not to your liking. Next time maybe you would like to try a different stir fry and hope it is more to your liking. Am pleased to read the hokkein noodles was enjoyed and hope you will one day return to try us again.

Launceston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was good and great value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We shared different dishes all where very nice and service was good even though they where under the pump. Beers where not over priced but the girls weren't impressed with the wine selection.

Yungaburra, Australia
“Delicious and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good value and really tasty. Can't believe how quickly they could prepare our phone order. Will definitely try them again.

Visited June 2012
Cairns, Australia
“Definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have eaten here several times and each time I have been so impressed with the food and the service. If I am ever at the Sunshine Coast for a holiday I make sure I drop in for at least one meal. The green curry has always been exceptional and it is hard to fault the coconut rice. The outdoor setting is in a great location to people watch along the esplanade.

The beverage list is expensive, but BYO with corkage is a good way to get around this.

I haven't found a Thai restuarant within Australia that I enjoy visiting more!

• Visited November 2011
Hello,
So pleased to read your pleasant review. Great to hear you really enjoyed your dining experience with us and hope to see you again.
Tewantin, Australia
“Said the meal was gluten-free... it wasn't!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Very, very disappointed to be sick after eating at Coolum Thai Spice. I asked the wait staff if the meal was gluten-free and was assured it was. I have been Coeliac for 15 years and am very aware of what I experience when I eat gluten and I knew there was gluten in the meal within 10 minutes.
I would never go back and will never recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank mieux2002
Melinda S, Manager at Coolum Thai Spice, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear mieux,
I do not know what your meal was as we do cater for customers who require gluten free meals as we have the ingredients for that. I assume there must have been a communication problem with the kitchen so I apologize you did not enjoy your meal. We will have to make better communication between waitresses and kitchen staff so the right meal is cooked. I ask customers when they leave if they enjoyed their dining experience and to my knowledge there was nothing said to convey your review. I see in another review you enjoyed the duck curry. We also make a popular red duck curry which is gluten free as there are no wheat based ingredients in any of the 6 curries we make. Once again, sorry you were unhappy and if there is any way to make up for this let us try another time so we can redeem ourselves.