“Delicious and good value”
Review of Coolum Thai Spice

Coolum Thai Spice
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Coolum Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an outdoor dining establishment close to many popular outdoor restaurants on the main esplanade in Coolum Beach.This is our 14th year of serving locals and tourists delicious Thai food. We have undercover seating beside a garden area and in Winter, there is an enclosed area with heating for dining comfort. We invite you to dine with us and trust it will be a great experience.
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good value and really tasty. Can't believe how quickly they could prepare our phone order. Will definitely try them again.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have eaten here several times and each time I have been so impressed with the food and the service. If I am ever at the Sunshine Coast for a holiday I make sure I drop in for at least one meal. The green curry has always been exceptional and it is hard to fault the coconut rice. The outdoor setting is in a great location to people watch along the esplanade.

The beverage list is expensive, but BYO with corkage is a good way to get around this.

I haven't found a Thai restuarant within Australia that I enjoy visiting more!

Melinda S, Manager at Coolum Thai Spice, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Hello,
So pleased to read your pleasant review. Great to hear you really enjoyed your dining experience with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Very, very disappointed to be sick after eating at Coolum Thai Spice. I asked the wait staff if the meal was gluten-free and was assured it was. I have been Coeliac for 15 years and am very aware of what I experience when I eat gluten and I knew there was gluten in the meal within 10 minutes.
I would never go back and will never recommend this restaurant to others.

3  Thank mieux2002
Melinda S, Manager at Coolum Thai Spice, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear mieux,
I do not know what your meal was as we do cater for customers who require gluten free meals as we have the ingredients for that. I assume there must have been a communication problem with the kitchen so I apologize you did not enjoy your meal. We will have to make better communication between waitresses and kitchen staff so the right meal is cooked. I ask customers when they leave if they enjoyed their dining experience and to my knowledge there was nothing said to convey your review. I see in another review you enjoyed the duck curry. We also make a popular red duck curry which is gluten free as there are no wheat based ingredients in any of the 6 curries we make. Once again, sorry you were unhappy and if there is any way to make up for this let us try another time so we can redeem ourselves.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Nothing authentic about this place. I can't even call it a restaurant. Awful fit out, supermarket's do make at home sachets better. These guys are hopeless. Don't waste your money. Shocking. It must have been bad for me to write on here!

2  Thank Mark S

Hello Mark,

Sorry to read you were unhappy with our restaurant. To reply to your mention of fit out, we are an outdoor establishment meaning we need to take outside and later return all fittings, tables, chairs, pot plants, paintings inside the small 64m2 shop. We try to make our ambiance nicer with the addition of 4 pot plants, 4 paintings and some small Thai furniture pieces but space is difficult in a small area. We use Thai table cloths and all staff are dressed in uniform. You did not say which food you ordered so am unable to comment and can only apologize that you were unhappy.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Loved the Food, Service, Atmosphere & basically everything about this restaurant! Food was amazing, The staff went above and beyond good service. Very happy and Will return again and again!!