Review Highlights
beautiful drive through the Warby's

Stunning scenic drive along the roadside with eucalyptus etc lining the winding road - tourist... read more

Reviewed April 2, 2019
Alison A
Perth, Australia
Refreshing trip into nature

Reviewed April 29, 2018
yatsing
Singapore, Singapore

All reviews grass trees peace and quiet own backyard google maps wildflowers walks detour camp spring kangaroos track lookout hundreds nature fitness sign range
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2018

I used Google Maps to bring me to the place, but it lead me onto a dirt track. At first, i was hesitant, as i wasn't sure if i should continue into the nature park. There wasn't much reception in there, so it'll be a great idea to download the offline maps before heading in.

Once in, the maps led me to a pond. Lo and behold, we spotted what we came for, kangaroos! The kids were absolutely delighted to see them. Had to warn the kids to keep real quiet and not to scare them away. We watched them as the roos also watched us from a distance. Amazing time there.

Also had a chance to head to one of the lookout places, great view up there, peace and quiet. Overall, great trip!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

We walked the Friends Track today and the detour to Kwat Kwat Lookout. What a great walk! An easy track to do no matter what fitness level. The vegetation changes so often there is always something to look at. Great veiws from the lookout overlooking Wangaratta. Would love to do it again in spring when the wildflowers are out. Wenhams Camp is a great starting point for a lot of the tracks. Great facilities there also. What a spectacular place right in my own backyard

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Travelbug s
Reviewed December 22, 2017

great spot for bush walking from easy tracks to the more difficult, best times of year are spring and Autumn, winter is ok, but summer is very dry and hot. Spring wildflowers are excellent, and the many waterfalls are worth exploring after rain. There are plenty of spots for a picnic and lots of wildlife, birds and animals to see.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Dont rush through Wangaratta stay awhile and soak in the atmosphere of the Warbies.The scenery is beautiful and there are tracks through the ranges

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

My kids and I, age 4 & 7, often head to the warbys for a bush walk as it's only 15 minutes out of Wangaratta but it makes you feel totally secluded. The kids love looking at the wild flowers and we see lots of wildlife including black wallabys, echidnas and kangaroos. There's plenty of different tracks to explore, we haven't found any of them too difficult. Best to go in the cooler months, in summer it can be oppressively hot!